How well does 1Password for Windows work in Boot Camp?

Options

I am looking to purchase a new Mac soon but I also need to use Windows and was wondering, since I haven't touched Boot Camp for years and never with 1Password for Windows, how well will it perform?

Rather than buy two laptops/desktops combo, I could purchase 1 device to cover two platforms.

1Password Version: 1Password 6.5.401
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• architect1337
    architect1337
    Community Member
    Options

1Password for Windows running on Bootcamp is exactly the same as running on 'normal' Windows.

Once you install Windows 10 via Bootcamp, you'll add the Apple drivers, then essentially, the device is a Windows box. You reboot back and forth between macOS X and Windows 10.

Note - if you want to use Bootcamp - you will need to buy a copy of Windows 10.

• What @architect1337 said :)

A Windows 10 installation in Boot Camp behaves pretty much exactly like a regular Windows 10 installation on a PC. Apple's drivers are pretty damn good.

From my personal experience running Windows 8.1 on my 13" MacBook Pro a while back, it was a lot faster than macOS at the time and 1Password worked like a charm.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Alex

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Alex and architect1337! As is the case with Apple products, they are expensive. I have a 4 year old iPad 4 that needs replacing, being a 32bit tablet. iOS 11 will be a 64bit only OS. I could do away with the tablet and stick with the Mac.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Wow. I was aware of the upcoming 32-bit culling, but it hadn't even occurred to me that there's still hardware out there which is 32-bit (though that seems obvious now that you mention it) but was more concerned about it from a software perspective.

I'll admit that I use Parallels more than Boot Camp because of the convenience factor, but Boot Camp has been great whenever I've needed it. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.