If I hook up to the Cloud for my computer, can I leave my 1Password off the Cloud?

Options
yalelerner
yalelerner
Community Member

If I hookup to the Cloud can I keep my 1Password off the Cloud and be sure the Cloud cannot suck it up?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.4
Sync Type: Cloud
Referrer: forum-search:How do I keep my 1Password off the Cloud?

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@yalelerner,

Can you clarify what you mean by "hookup to the Cloud" ?

Rudy

• yalelerner
    yalelerner
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Rudy. I do not use the Cloud at all at the present time. I am thinking of using it to store all of my computer content other than my 1Password information. I do not want my passwords or any other information in my 1Password on the Cloud. My fear is that the Cloud may be able to suck it up from my computer once it is connected.

• @yalelerner : this would depend on what service you're using and how it's configured. What would get uploaded is the encrypted database which is encrypted based on your Master Password. If you're syncing your 1Password data between devices, then you're already doing the equivalent of this. Your actual passwords are never transferred in the clear and no one can get at them without knowing your Master Password.

Rick

• yalelerner
    yalelerner
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Rick. I don't know what service yet, possibly Microsoft, Google or iCloud. I know nothing about the Cloud so I assume my configuration would be whatever they recommend.

• If it's doing a full backup, then it include your encrypted data store. You may have options to exclude certain files. It would be up to you whether you'd want to exclude 1Password.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.