Change the way you threat edits in your anti spam system

heubergen
heubergen
Community Member

First: Yes I know it's completly in the wrong forum category but I didn't know where it belongs.

Most of the time when I post something I check the post afterward and find some typo etc. But when I then try to edit my post I almost every time get a message like:
You have posted 1 times within 120 seconds. A spam block is now in effect on your account. You must wait at least 300 seconds before attempting to post again.

This is annoying and prevents me from giving you a good answers or report! I wish you could teach your spam system to not count edits as new posts or something like that...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @heubergen,

Thank you for the feedback. Certainly we want for you to be able to provide us with enough information for us to be able to help you.

At the moment the forum software we're using (which is not software we create or maintain) appears to treat edits the same as new posts. In order to prevent "flooding" (a common spam technique) it prevents more than 1 post every 120 seconds. Which also means editing needs to wait 120 seconds.

We can certainly pass the feedback along to the folks that make the forum software that we'd like more granularity in this regard, but I cannot make any promises that they'll be receptive. The best I can recommend in the mean time would be to proofread any posts before posting them.

Ben

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

As Ben suggested:

The best I can recommend in the mean time would be to proofread any posts before posting them.

The Preview button is handy for doing that before Post Comment. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.