why does it install ever time I open the app?

using on a windows 10 machine. Every time I click on app, it goes to the installation page before it opens

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:why does it install ever time I open the app?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@SDS2726: Can you tell which "installation page" you're referring to? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to include any sensitive information, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

• SDS2726
    SDS2726
    Community Member

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@SDS2726: Thanks! That's what I was hoping you meant. It looks like you have the 1Password installer as a shortcut on your Desktop and/or Task Bar. Can you open the Start Menu and search for "1Password 6"? It should show up as an installed app. Run that, and you'll probably end up with another icon on your Task Bar. Right-click it and Pin it, and then right-click the other one and remove it (probably do the same with the Desktop icon if it's also a shortcut to the installer). Let me know how it turns out!

• SDS2726
    SDS2726
    Community Member

Thanks, that was the problem.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Brenty you are very welcome, @SDS2726! :) Please contact us anytime if you have other questions, we are always ready to help.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.