Safari extension stopped working and won't install [issue is resolved so this thread is now closed]

Options
kongjie@mac.com
kongjie@mac.com
Community Member
edited May 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

A couple days ago the Safari browser extension stopped working. Click on it and nothing happens.

I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall the extension. I download it, double-click, dialogue asks if I want to install it, I do, but nothing happens. It's not added to the extensions.

Have restarted both Safari and the computer more than once.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: 4.6.5
OS Version: 10.12.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kongjie@mac.com,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the extension in Safari! I've moved your message to our Saving and Filling in Browsers forum. I hope you don't mind!

You said the extension doesn't appear in your Safari extensions when you try to reinstall it, but you also indicated that you're using version 4.6.5 of the extension. Can you clarify where you found the extension version and whether or not 1Password is listed in Safari > Preferences > Extensions?

It sounds like you're trying to download and install the extension from our own extensions download site. Instead, you could try installing it from the Safari Extension Gallery to see if that works. To do that:

• Open Safari and go to the menu for Safari > Safari Extensions...
    • If 1Password is listed at the top, click on that (if not, you can search for it in the 'Search' field).
    • Click the Install now link.

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• kongjie@mac.com
    kongjie@mac.com
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Drew. Yes, I was trying to do it from your site. Worked fine from the gallery, sorry for the confusion.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome, I'm glad it worked from the gallery! No need to apologize for any confusion - I just like to double-check to make sure I understand the problem. :)

We're here for you if you need anything else. Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.