What's the difference between "copy" and "duplicate" between vaults?

Options
rbpanush
rbpanush
Community Member

What's the difference between "copy" and "duplicate" between vaults? i want to create a vault for an outside contractor with selected items. Is duplicate a connected clone? Or is copy and duplicate the same?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rbpanush: Copy and Duplicate are essentially the same, except Copy creates a copy in another vault, and Duplicate creates a duplicate of the item in the same vault. In either case though, everything will be identical except they will have a different UUID than the original. This isn't something you'll see, but you might notice this if you copy the same item back from another vault. That way it won't overwrite the one you already have there. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• rbpanush
    rbpanush
    Community Member
    Options

Got it, thanks! They are unique copies, and not linked to each other, right? So if you change one, it will not change the other?

• Frank
    Options

Hi @rbpanush - You're spot on! Copied items will not sync if the original item has been updated. You can delete the copies then re-copy the the original item over to the other vaults once it's been changed. Let us know if you have any further questions. We're always happy to help out :smile: Enjoy the rest of your day!

This discussion has been closed.