Account is in Read Only mode (purchased via App Store / Family Sharing)

philippstracker
philippstracker
Community Member

A few months ago I purchased 1Password in the App Store. Because I wanted to use Family Share to also give allow my mom to use it, I purchased the license with my moms Apple account and then installed 1Password on my own MacBook via the App Store.

Everything was working very well and I was a very happy customer :)

But then today:
Suddenly my copy of 1Password started up and displayed a "Read Only" notification (and corresponding limitations)

After some google research I already tried to (1) restart the App and also to (2) delete the App, log out of the App-store, re-login, install the App again via the "Purchased Items" App Store page.

Both attempts ended in the same result as before: Read Only mode.
My vault is saved and synced on iCould; I do not use 1password.com

How can we resolve this to get 1Password working again?

1Password Version: 6.7 (Mac App Store)
Extension Version: 4.6.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.12.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• @philippstracker,

Do you recall if that purchase was before or after 1Password 6.6? If it was before then the Family sharing should work. If it was after then it would've been an In App Purchase and as a result wouldn't be available for Family Sharing.

Rudy

• FutureTravel
    FutureTravel
    Community Member

Hi Philip/Rudy

I have same issue.... I purchased and got 1 Password6. One day it stopped working and updated via appstore. Now my icon said 1Password. Worked ok. about 2 weeks ago i started getting read-only. It sync to icloud ok, my iphone is ok and i can add/edit via phone... but READ ONLY from the desktop.

I started out with desktop so no sure what the issue is... how can I get the desktop to allow me enter/adjust the vault?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@FutureTravel: In order for the App Store to validate the purchase, you'll need to install 1Password from the Purchased tab using the correct Apple ID. Please check your records, as you'll have a receipt showing that, so that you can be sure to use the correct one. And as Rudy mentioned, this is even more important if you did an in-app purchase for it, as that cannot be shared between accounts. Let me know what you find!

• FutureTravel
    FutureTravel
    Community Member
    edited May 2017

Hi Brenty,

I have only 1 Apple Id so assume that the purchase was correct. I can see it and clicked on open...

I originally bought the IPassword with a bundle for Parallels.

__1 1Password 6 electronic
    _Download: https://agilebits.com/downloads

To activate copy and paste activation link(s) below into your browser:

https://agilebits.com/licenses/register?licenses=

As it worked not an issue... the issue came after an upgrade via the software update advice via the Mac IOS.

Any idea how to get the Read only turned off for desktop. I have a registered copy.....

:-)

• philippstracker
    philippstracker
    Community Member

@rudy, thanks for the quick reply.
    I purchased 1Password on Oct-03 2016
    The purchased version is not displayed on the App Store invoice, but since 6.6 was released in Feb 2017 I definitely purchased an earlier version.

But of course, since I updated 1Password recently I currently only have the version 6.7 available, that only offers me the in App Purchase to unlock the app again.

It's quite important for me, because I need to store new passwords almost every day. I had a different password vault before, but switched to 1Password because of the family share option... Do you need any additional details to analyze the issue and suggest a solution?

• @FutureTravel,

Your issue appears to be different from @philippstracker. You can't use the Agilebits license with the Mac App Store version. You're going to have to do what the instructions you pasted show, install from https://1password.com/downloads.

Rudy

• @philippstracker,

could you email a copy of that invoice to support+forum @ agilebits.com ?

Rudy

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@philippstracker: Also, if you'll post the Support ID you receive here when you send it, we'll be able to find it right away and get this sorted out for you. Thanks in advance!

• FutureTravel
    FutureTravel
    Community Member

Ok.. That seemed to work... My Icon no longer says '1Password' ... now it says '1Password 6' ....

But I see no way to sync it with my other devices... via the I cloud. Some items already in cloud now do not show up on the 'new' desktop version.

1Password 6
    Version 6.7.1 (671001)
    AgileBits Store

I can see the missing items on the iphone, but missing from desk top. Desktop does not see to have a way to 'force' a sync. Is there a way to force a sync?

• @FutureTravel,

It sounds like you need to open the Preferences window in Password on the mac and click the Sync tab to connect it to your desired sync source.

Rudy

• FutureTravel
    FutureTravel
    Community Member

Hi Rudy.

In the Mac it does not have any effect to click on the sync tab. I am using Firefox.

That being said, I restarted 1Password after a few hours and it forced the sync. So now the mac and the iphone have the same file....

Thanks for your support.

:-)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @FutureTravel,

I think Rudy meant that you should check the Sync tab of Preferences to make sure iCloud was selected there (and not that clicking the sync tab would force a sync to happen). Sorry for any confusion!

I'm glad to hear it's working for you now! You should be all set, but if you need more help, please let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.