How do I import data from my 1PW for Windows v1.0.9 into my new 1PW families account?

Options
qness
qness
Community Member
edited May 2017 in Families

I need to migrate data from an old pc that I am replacing. I've installed 1PW Windows v6.5 onto the new machine as part of the family account. The data is still in 1PW Windows v1.0.9.342 on the old pc. How do I get the data from that vault into the new version on the new pc?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I import data from my 1PW for Windows v1.0.9 into my new 1PW families account?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017
    Options

@qness: I can't guarantee that this will work perfectly, as 1Password for Windows version 1 predates 1Password.com by year, so be sure to backup your data. But you can give this a try and we'll go from there:

1. Install the new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app from the Get the Apps section in your 1Password.com account (it sounds like you've already done this)
    2. Migrate your data into your account from the AgileKeychain vault you've been using
    3. Login to 1Password.com in your browser and verify that all of your data is there an intact; this is a precaution since 1Password.com isn't designed for 1Password for Windows version 1

If you encounter any issues with this, please let us know and we'll explore other options. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• qness
    qness
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty,

Thanks for that advice. That seems to have worked. I was a bit confused at first because even though the data showed up in the browser version, I couldn't see it in the desktop app on the new pc. That was resolved with a logout and login again.

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@qness: Great! I'm glad to hear that you were able to migrate your data to your new 1Password Families account! Be sure to let us know if you have any questions at all. We're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.