Login Password and Master Password

NYoung
NYoung
Community Member

My husband is on my account as a member. He uses 1Password on is iPhone. When he logs into the app it will only accept the Master Password. Is that normal?

I use 1Password on my iMac (original computer for my 1Password), MacBook Pro, and my iPhone and they all accept my original password. But will not let me use my Master Password for initial sign in.

Thanks!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Frank
    edited May 2017

Hi @NYoung - Sorry for the confusion and I'll be happy to help out. Do you still have access to your original Primary vault on your devices? If so this could be the reason you currently have two Master Passwords: your original Master Password is connected to your Primary vault which currently unlocks the apps and your new Master Password which is connected to the new 1Password.com account.

Did you migrate over all your existing data to the new account? If so, once you delete your Primary vault from the apps, your Master Password will default to the new one you created.

Keep me posted if this sounds accurate or if you have any additional questions. I'm more than happy to help :smile:

• NYoung
    NYoung
    Community Member

Thank you so much for getting back to me!

Yes, I do have the Primary still available, which i can see on all my peripherals. Should I delete it? It appears as #1 on my list of Vaults. #2 appears as Closed Logins (which is only on my iMac??), and then under my Family sub folders are Personal #3 and Shared #4.

Thank You!

• Hi @NYoung - You're very welcome. Yes, you can definitely delete your Primary vault if you have already migrated everything over to the new account. Is the "Closed Logins" a local vault you were syncing previously using Dropbox or iCloud? If so, secondary local vaults have to deleted first before you can delete the Primary vault. I will include instructions below on how to delete any local vault specifically your Primary vault so let's get started -

Open and unlock 1Password on your Mac. Click 1Password in the menu bar > Select "Switch to Vault" and choose Primary from the list. Click 1Password in the menu bar and select "Delete Vault" from the drop down list. You will have to enter your original Master Password before you can delete the vault. Again, keep in mind, any secondary local vaults will have to deleted first before you can remove the Primary vault.

Keep me posted if this helped or if you have any additional questions. :+1:

• NYoung
    NYoung
    Community Member

Ok, that seemed to do the trick! Thank you so much!!!!

Yes the "Closed Logins" was syncing with iCloud. I deleted then everything else worked out!

Awesome! Love 1Password! Have been using for years!!!!

Thanks again!

• Fantastic news! Thank you for letting me know @NYoung. We appreciate the loyalty and support over the years :smile: Kudos to you for getting your husband started with 1Password. If you have any additional questions, we're here if you need us :+1: Enjoy the rest of your day.

This discussion has been closed.