Cannot fill item in Google Chrome

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Auto fill in both Chrome and Safari does not work.

Comments

• windowcleaner
    windowcleaner
    Community Member
    Options

Super Frustrating

Extension up to date
    Chrome up to date
    Restarted Chrome many times
    Restarted mac
    Reinstalled extension 2x

No Luck

Morning gone....

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @windowcleaner,

I split your comment out into it's own thread as I believe what you're experiencing is slightly different than the other participant in the original thread. Hopefully I can help.

Google Chrome released a new version (v58) on Tuesday (2nd May) which older versions of 1Password for Mac don't recognize and will cause 1Password to show that "browser cannot be verified" error. If your 1Password for Mac is older than 6.7 and you're using version 58 of Google Chrome then you'll see this error. If this is the case, I'm hopeful that updating your 1Password for Mac will help resolve this - this is more of a guess as I don't know which version you have at the moment.

Let me know how that goes and if you've any questions about anything above don't hesitate to send a reply.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• gbsice
    gbsice
    Community Member
    Options

Have the same issue:

1Password 6.7
    Chrome 58.0.3029.96
    Extension re-installed multiple times

Still getting the browser can't be verified error.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @gbsice,

Welcome to the Forum :) and thanks for writing in. Sorry about the continued trouble. I can take a look at a Diagnostics Report for you. The following guide will show you how to create a Diagnostics Report:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Looking forward to hearing back.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• rajsaxena
    rajsaxena
    Community Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

Hi Matthew,

I am having similar problems on my mac recently with 1password reporting that my chrome "browser could not be verified".
    Chrome Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    1Password version 6.8 (680015) - running standalone version.

I am sending the diagnostics report separately via email. Please look at it and suggest.

Thanks and regards,
    Raj

• rajsaxena
    rajsaxena
    Community Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

Tracking via Id #BUU-27359-777

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017
    Options

Hey @rajsaxena,

We got your email! We will be contact with you shortly :chuffed:

Best regards,
    Matthew

ref: BUU-27359-777

• SidneyJV
    SidneyJV
    Community Member
    Options

Hey guys, same problem here, even after buying the license.

1Password 5
    Version 5.4.3 (553001)
    Agile Web Store

Thanks for helping out,

Sid

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017
    Options

@SidneyJV: Versions of 1Password for Mac earlier than 6.7 cannot connect to recent releases of Chrome, as they've changed their code signature and we've moved to Native Messaging over the summer. Please use the current version of 1Password, the extension, and Chrome itself so they can all talk to each other:

https://1password.com/downloads/
    https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions
    https://google.com/chrome/

1Password 5.4.3 is about two years old now, so that cannot work. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

ref: TQK-15177-561

This discussion has been closed.