"Browser could not be verified"

Options
2»

Comments

• rudy
    Options

I've split @joeyconnick off into a conversation in Mac Beta since part of the problems being experienced are 6.8.BETA-2 related.

Rudy

• joeyconnick
    joeyconnick
    Community Member
    Options

@rudy okay, but just to be clear... I am also having issues with the non-beta version

• rudy
    edited May 2017
    Options

@joeyconnick,

Had you run the 6.8 beta on it? The NativeMessagingHosts files are going to interfere with using 1Password 6.7.x. The extension first tries to connect to the NativeMessageHost implementation based on the browser telling it that there is a configuration json file. It will then fall back to WebSockets, however in the 6.8 beta WebSockets specifically disallow Chrome based clients from connecting. Native Messaging is the way forward (after we move past these couple of bumps in configuration.)

Rudy

• joeyconnick
    joeyconnick
    Community Member
    Options

@rudy yes, I have probably run the beta on my laptop and reverted to stable trying to fix things

so basically, if I go back to the beta on the laptop AND copy over the NativeMessagingHosts directory from Chrome stable to Chrome Canary, that should resolve things? I guess we'll see.

Okay, it seems like it's working, although I had to recopy over the NativeMessagingHosts stuff after having done it once before where it didn't seem to "take."

I appreciate your help but I'm super-hoping there are no more "bumps" in configuration around stuff like this.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great news, I'm glad to hear it's working correctly again! Thanks for letting us know.

Occasional "bumps" are to be expected in a beta - after all, that's why it's a beta version and not a stable release. ;) Reverting to an earlier stable version after using the beta probably added an extra bump in this case, due to the nature of the change from WebSockets to Native Messaging, but I wouldn't expect you to run into more problems like this. (I'm sorry you ran into this one, though.)

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have more questions or need more help with 1Password. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.