Password Strength Level

Options
akissz
akissz
Community Member

I have noticed a pattern but not much to share about it, just what I write here. Strong passwords are showing the password strength level at minimum, red color, on the level when rolling mouse over the item. It is always with saved passwords. Maybe it is only passwords saved from past dates, maybe when the max length was below some character amount as you did change the character max not long ago. So maybe issue is only passwords saved before 1password upgrades or within 6 or 12 months of an upgrade. So it could be a possible database error of sort. Not sure what causes it. The way to remove issue is to create a new password with same creation method and same password length and the level then goes to green or strong. I do not recall this issue 12 months ago. But maybe within the past 10 months I have noticed it maybe 10 times. I am not asking for assistance as I am advanced user. Just posting this to report a possible bug. Or maybe this is a feature... Should a strong green level password turn red after a period of time?

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Yesterday, I created two new Login entries, both with exactly the same passwords. One shows a minuscule red strength bar, the other full green. The strength meter is very broken.

• rudy
    Options

@akissz,

There is definitely a bug here that we're working to fix. We're tracking it as OPM-4897.

Rudy

ref: OPM-4897

This discussion has been closed.