Can we vote?

hannahq
hannahq
Community Member
edited September 2011 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
I'm not trying to be a troll here, but since Agile has removed all contact info for the company and now directs everyone to the forum, this is where I'm going to vent/rant/rave.

Who here hates the new Chrome extension as much as I do?

I hated Safari extension so much that I switched to Chrome to avoid it - but now it's been updated and matches Safari exactly. It's hideous, it doesn't work, and I am not paranoid - my computer is secure, I don't want to have to type in my master password all of the time. That's why I installed 1password?!

How can we opt-out of these updates?

Comments

• om3ga777
    om3ga777
    Community Member
    Not updating your browser or downgrading and downloading the legacy extensions respectively should do the trick.

Anyway, I really like the Chrome extension with its Awesomebar (or how it is called here) integration, but you are right that Agile still has a lot of work to do - I think they are aware of that and doing the best they can.

As far as I can tell from past experiences they will sort out the problems while listening to their customers as much as possible. Given their work in the last years, their great support and their more than generous give-aways I am willing to be patient, even if the current situation is unpleasant. I don't know how long you are already using 1Password but I really encourage you to bear with them. :)
  • Fruitbat
    Fruitbat
    Community Member
    I have been a 1password user for many years and have been recommending it to friends and colleagues for all of that time, until now.

I have always been impressed with the quality of the product and the helpfulness of the support, until now.

I'm really sad that what I'm currently seeing is a support staff that's doing everything they can to help users use the new extensions (add-ons) that simply don't yet work, and worse wouldn't be a good user experience if they did. Rather than listening to the feedback of users who don't like and don't want the new changes they lock threads where users are passionately pleading with them to restore the wonderful usability of the previous approach.

Two days ago, for the first time I told a friend I have to retract my recommendation.
This discussion has been closed.