Trash folder validity

Options

I am using paid licence of 1pw which is one time purchase / lifetime licence.

On Windows after deleting item, how much time it remain in TRASH folder. Or it remains forever until we remove from TRASH also ?

1Password Version: 4.6.1.620
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:trash folder

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello there @jitus856,

Thank you for reaching out! :)

Your items should stay in Trash until you remove them from there. It is supposed to work this way. For example, if you accidentally delete a needed item, you can always restore it from Trash. So please be sure that you don't have such items in Trash before you decide to empty it. :)

I hope it helps. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• jitus856
    jitus856
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg.

One more doubts.

On 1pw for Windows, i have set to backup daily and keep last 10 backup.

My query is does 1pw takes backup up Trash Folder also ? If something messed up and 1 restore from old backup will be trashfolder will also get restored ?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jitus856: Great question! Yes, Trash is part of the vault itself, so its contents are backed up as well. So long as you don't empty the Trash, you can always retrieve the data there later if needed. Cheers! :)

• jitus856
    jitus856
    Community Member
    Options

One of the great thing of 1pw is you provide world class instant and satisfactory support. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Wow. Thank you for the kind words! We're not perfect, but we strive to do our best for you and the rest of our awesome customers. Have a great week! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.