Bank of America Login Issues

For months, I continue to have login issues with Bank of America since they switched to the single sign-in setup. I click on the Chrome extension button, click the entry, and nothing happens. A support forum search recommends to create a new login, which I've already done multiple times. I've also added websites:

https://www.bankofamerica.com/
https://secure.bankofamerica.com/login/sign-in/signOn.go

I wish that AgileBits created login templates for problematic large corporate websites as it would streamline logins for thousands of 1Password users. In particular, financial websites seems to be the trickiest.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: 4.6.5.90
OS Version: 10.12.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017

For months, I continue to have login issues with Bank of America since they switched to the single sign-in setup. I click on the Chrome extension button, click the entry, and nothing happens.

@optimum: Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble, and have waited so long to contact us. I'll admit I'm a bit baffled by this, as I literally haven't had issues with Bank of America since they moved to a more traditional login process, but I'm sure we can get this sorted out.

Can you be more specific about what's happening? Are you already at the webpage when you select the login in 1Password? Does it fill incorrectly, or just not submit the form after filling?

A support forum search recommends to create a new login, which I've already done multiple times. I've also added websites:
    https://www.bankofamerica.com/
    https://secure.bankofamerica.com/login/sign-in/signOn.go

What method are you using to create a new login? Are you doing this by hand in the main 1Password app, autosaving it with the browser extension, or saving the login manually there? If not the latter, definitely give that a try, creating a brand new one:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled

And if you're still having trouble, knowing which version of Chrome you're using may help.

I wish that AgileBits created login templates for problematic large corporate websites as it would streamline logins for thousands of 1Password users. In particular, financial websites seems to be the trickiest. Thanks.

It's an interesting idea, but I don't think that's something we're going to do. The trouble is that if 1Password has trouble filling at a website even after manually saving a new login for it, a template won't help, only improving how 1Password itself saves and fills, often specific to the site, will allow it to do so. Making logins ourselves for websites would take a lot of time and effort, and we'd have to pick and choose the sites we did this for, which takes resources away from just making 1Password work better in the first place. We don't want to play favourites; we just want to make 1Password better for everyone. And in most cases, like this one, there's often a much simpler solution. Let me know what you find! :)

• optimum
    optimum
    Community Member

Hi @brenty

Can you be more specific about what's happening?

I click on the entry and it flashes briefly, but the fields do not get filled in at all.

Are you already at the webpage when you select the login in 1Password?

Yes.

What method are you using to create a new login? Are you doing this by hand in the main 1Password app, autosaving it with the browser extension, or saving the login manually there?

Options 2 + 3.

And if you're still having trouble, knowing which version of Chrome you're using may help.

Redid a manual entry per your instructions. Still no cigar. I'm on Chrome Version 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit). macOS v10.12.4

Making logins ourselves for websites would take a lot of time and effort, and we'd have to pick and choose the sites we did this for

I would recommend a crowd-sourced effort on it. Or at least a tutorial page highlighting the popular yet tricky websites. 95% of sites I encounter are fine, but it's those 5% that have trouble. The problem is those 5% are massive, important sites. B&H Photo was another site I had regular trouble with, now resolved though, after many months of annoyance. Most users don't take the time to search or post on the forums, they'll just manually input each time frustrated that 1Password doesn't work.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017

Hi @optimum,

Is it just this one site you're having problems with? That version of Chrome is out of date and I don't know if that's a factor or not. I just tried creating a Login item using the How to save a Login manually in your browser steps on their main page at https://www.bankofamerica.com and after reloading the page the login for filled correctly when using ⌘\.

If updating Chrome doesn't help can you try creating a second Chrome profile to see if the issue persists. The Chrome support page Share Chrome with others or add a profile will help if you haven't seen or used this feature before. It will require installing the 1Password Browser Extension as each profile is completely separate from the others. This will eliminate a number of variables relating to Chrome as we try to understand why we see different behaviour.

This discussion has been closed.