What is the 1Password extension ID for the mobile Safari share sheet?

Options

I tried the app bundle ID (com.agilebits.onepassword-ios) but that would just show the blue app icon instead of the black and white share sheet icon.
Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.2.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:iOS extension ID

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Sebastian Rasch,

The person that should know that isn't around over the weekend so I'll ask on the Monday if they can pop in and help you out :smile:

• Sebastian Rasch
    Sebastian Rasch
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, I can work with that! :chuffed:

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:smile:

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Sebastian Rasch

The extension's bundle id is: com.agilebits.onepassword-ios.extension

If you just want to use a different icon, I would suggest going with the black and white icon because it's what users expect to see at this point. We have hundreds of applications using our extension API and they (mostly) all use the black and white icon.

Choosing something different could make it less clear to users what it's for. We've trained our users to recognize the black and white icon and to look for it in their favorite applications.

And similarly, in doing so you're also suggesting that other developers go against our suggested guidelines for this. So I'd humbly request that you consider using the black and white icon if possible.

Of course, in the end, the decision is yours, but I do hope you'll reconsider.

• Sebastian Rasch
    Sebastian Rasch
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much, now it works! The problem was exactly that the black and white share sheet icon did not show up, instead the colourful app icon was displayed. With the extension ID we could correct this now.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Sebastian Rasch

Not sure how you're referencing the images, but we include them in the app extension repository:

https://github.com/agilebits/onepassword-app-extension

Note the 1Password xcassets bundle there, all of the icons are present in that.

This discussion has been closed.