Password Autofill not functioning properly

Options

When I am on the 1password logins page, and go to use the open & fill button, it always seems to open 2 pages, and doesn't always completely fill either.. usually one is completely unfilled, and the other just the username (if that).

I then have to copy & paste the missing entry(s).

What have I done (or what am I doing) wrong?

(Mac OS 10,10,5)
(Safari 8.08)

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:When I use the open & fill button, it always seems to open 2 pages, and doesn't always completely fill either.. usually one is completely unfilled, and the other just the username (if that). I then have to copy & paste the missing entry(s). What have I done (or what am I doing) wrong?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017
    Options

@Admiral1744: I wouldn't want to assume you're doing something wrong. We've been making some changes to the extension recently to support current browser releases (Safari 8 is quite old), so it may be that we've introduced some incompatibility. Can you give me the details, so we can try to reproduce this?

1. URL for a login you're having trouble with (any example will do)
    2. The browser extension version you're using
    3. The exact steps you're taking
    4. What is (or isn't) happening the way you expect at each point

I do want to mention though that at the very least El Capitan is a free upgrade, and will have the benefit of security fixes and other improvements for Safari as well. Sierra may be also, depending on your hardware. Anyway, I think I've got a Yosemite VM around here somewhere, so if it's dependent on the OS/browser, I should be able to reproduce it. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.