Why did you email me that I just accessed my 1password.com via a new "device" (Safari ver 9.0)?

Options
three-cushion
three-cushion
Community Member

I opened 1pw on my iPad, went to settings, where it asked if I wanted to document my 1password.com account info. BUT, the area there-in was greyed out. So I logged into my 1password.com (using email, secret key plus master) and saw all my devices displayed including multiple items for Safari...wHY?

Now, there are TWO listings for iOS Safari w/ different dates
The one in the hello email from you, noted the latest Safari was ver 9.0.

Why isn't there just a single item for one iOS Safari....instead there are two with different dates.

Also listed in 1password.com are the actual devices I use...iPhone, iPad, iMac .all correct.

Boy...this is confusing...multiple Safaris...
Jim B

1Password Version: Latest 1pw for iOS
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 9.3.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

OK... I now see! I just used Chrome to log into my 1password.com acct AND, it documented the browser just used for the login! Clever!
    Also saw that the access info includes devices AND Browsers used...sorry, I missed that!

So my issue is solved. Sorry to trouble you
    Jim b
    Btw my version iOS is 6.5.4

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@three-cushion: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion there! It's a good question.

Indeed, this is a security mechanism so you're aware that a new device has been signed in to your 1Password.com account. Most of the time this is a benign confirmation, but if someone were to find your Master Password and Secret Key to login to your account illegitimately, you'd know (roughly) right away when you received the email. That could give you an opportunity to lock things down to prevent further intrusion and potently damage.

Now, we do want to improve this as well, not only to make it clearer, but a bit less cluttered. After a while, it can start to look my Profile page on 1Password.com:

Granted, I can go through and deauthorize some of those, especially the older ones (I see a tablet in there I've since wiped and gotten rid of, for example). But we see opportunities to improve things here. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.