AirPort Utility 32bit

Options

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

There is another potential issue with iOS 11, being a 64bit OS, which that Apple Utility is a 32bit App, hasn't been updated for some time and Apple has already shut down its router division. There isn't any guarantee that the next version of iOS will be compatible with the AirPorts.

• Ben
    Options

@wkleem,

An interesting point, and that would be very unfortunate if true. I've got to imagine there would be a lot of unhappy Apple customers if that were the case -- seeing as these devices don't have a web interface, or any other way to manage them.

Since this isn't related to 1Password or the OP's original question though I've split your post off into its own thread in the Lounge. :)

Thanks.

Ben

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Since this isn't related to 1Password or the OP's original question though I've split your post off into its own thread in the Lounge. :)

And I've closed that one since the original poster was satisfied with Ben's explanation and probably doesn't want to get notifications for any other replies there. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Hi

I assumed incorrectly that Airport Urility is 32bit when it supports 64bits starting with iOS 8. It still stands that Apple has closed down the router division, so no more further updates.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I love my AirPort. It'll be sad when it no longer works, but I'll have to move on eventually too.

• Ben
    Options

I'm likely going to migrate over to all Ubiquiti equipment when it happens. I already own one of their EdgeSwitch units, and I hear their APs are great for the price point.

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Ben and Brent,

As it is, with 1Password Accounts being deprecated in favour of Logins, I wonder how long the Wireless category will be current and not be phased out when Apple had already deprecated its own products?

I will look at Ubiquiti products and presumably it will have a web interface? Most routers and network ready products do.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Wi-Fi probably isn't going anywhere for a long time, and I doubt we'd drop the Wireless category until long after that. There are plenty of other companies out there still making routers. :)

This discussion has been closed.