More fields than username and password

Options

How can I get 1Password to work with sites that now require fields in addition to username and password?

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: 4.6.5
OS Version: OS X 10.12.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @kendo,

I've moved your post into the Saving and Filling in Browsers topic as I think it better belongs here.

You should be able to get 1Password to fill more than the two fields by going to the site, filling the fields then bringing up 1Password mini, clicking the gear icon in the top right and selecting "Save new Login". This will create a new login item (do not update an existing one), and the new login item should have the necessary field elements under "Web Form Details" in order to fill the extra fields.

I hope this helps.

Rick

• kendo
    kendo
    Community Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Thanks Rick. I tried it at www.eftps.gov, and it worked! However, in the 1Password directory it still displays only username and password. The username is three number group fields (### ## ####), but only the third field is displayed. The password is correct. The PIN is not displayed.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @kendo,

A Login item will only display a username and password field at the top I'm afraid but that doesn't mean it won't fill a third (or more) fields. You should see a button titled show web form details and in there you should find it has all three fields with their correct values stored. When I find a site like this what I like to do is add a custom field to the Login item so that the information is always visible. The custom field won't be linked to the web form details like the visible username and password fields are but it will still allow easier retrieving of that detail if needed. The important bit though is that it appears in the web form details as that's what 1Password will use to fill.

Does that help at all?

• kendo
    kendo
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks littlebobbytables. Perhaps a "wish list" item would be to make the directory listing customizable to include viewing additional fields since that appears to be the trend.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of lil' bob, you're very welcome! Thanks for your suggestion. Most people don't need to see or worry about all the extra web form details saved in a Login item, so they're hidden by default in order to avoid confusion. But I can definitely see how it would be helpful to see the other fields you filled out yourself without needing to click an extra button. Perhaps we'll be able to improve that in the future.

If you need anything else, just let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.