Paid 3 times

So I bought the Mac version years ago. Then I bought it again when it showed up in the Mac Appstore, for convenience of easy updating. Then I bought the iOS version for my iPhone and iPad.
Now I'm adding a Windows PC in my home, and found out that there is no standalone Windows application for sale anymore. So on top of all the money I already spend, I have to pay $36 each year to get my passwords over to my Windows machine? I'm dissappointed.

I have also pointed a few people to 1Password over the years. Now that it has become so expensive I won't do that anymore.

I hope you will reverse the decision to go subscription only. I really dislike that.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @tonytony,

Thanks for taking the time to write in!

You are correct in that 1Password for Windows is only available via a subscription. That said if you'd like to discuss your individual situation please feel free to send us an email to [email protected] and then when you get a Support ID back please post it here. :)

Thanks!

Ben

• tonytonytonytony

So for the record, I have had contact with support, and subscription is the only option. Sadly I won't be a customer for 1Password anymore. I have enough subscriptions already, this trend of SAAS is worrying.

• FrankFrank

Team Member

Hi @tonytony - It's nice to hear back from you. You can continue to rock your standalone license on the Mac. The only thing that has changed is we are no longer selling 1Password 4 for Windows. We don’t currently have plans to add Dropbox sync to 1Password 6 for Windows, and things could change down the road but that’s not our primary focus right now. We're always here for you if you need us.

This discussion has been closed.