Copy feedback on trackpad tap operation

Options
eturizo
eturizo
Community Member

On the OS X desktop app, I find that there is not enough feedback when clicking on copy (username, password) on an item during a tap operation on my MacBook Pro. If I physically click the trackpad, I can see there a clear transition in the shade of gray during a depress but can't say the same for tap. It would be greatly appreciated if the same feedback existed for click and tap operations on a trackpad such as the one found on the MacBook Pro.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: extension not installed
OS Version: 10.12.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @eturizo,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback about needing more feedback! :lol:

I see what you mean - it's hard to tell if anything happens when you tap on a field to copy it. I found that if I tapped slightly slower than usual (i.e. let my finger rest on the trackpad for an extra split second before lifting it), I could see the 'copy' button turn gray, but only very quickly. A quick tap copied the field but didn't seem to turn the button gray at all.

Hopefully this is something we can improve in the future. Thanks again for letting us know! If you need anything else, we're here for you. :)

• eturizo
    eturizo
    Community Member
    Options

Any plans to implement this feature?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@elturizo -- we don't tend to comment on future plans until they're confirmed or even already being tested. However, we've logged your vote for increased feedback/visibility in 1Password for Mac. Thanks for the suggestion, and keep 'em coming if you have other ideas in the future about how we can improve 1Password. I can't guarantee they'll all be adopted, but many of the features in 1Password today came at least in part from suggestions from the user community -- so, thanks! :)

• eturizo
    eturizo
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Lars !

Understand you can't comment on upcoming features but I (and hopefully others) really hope this makes it in one day. :chuffed:

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@elturizo -- yep! You've definitely made your voice heard -- and thanks for taking enough interest in 1Password to do so! :)

This discussion has been closed.