Is there a known problem in sending family invitations to Comcast.net? [issue has been resolved]

learning_1pw
learning_1pw
Community Member
edited May 2017 in Families

I am trying to invite my brother to our family account. He has a Comcast.net address, and the invitation is not showing up. I have resent it twice. He is receiving other email, and I was able to send an invitation to an alternate gmail address that I have. I just can't get an invitation to go to Comcast.net.

1Password Version: 1Password web site
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.1 safari
Sync Type: Families

Comments

• learning_1pw
    learning_1pw
    Community Member

I forgot to mention that the invitation is also not in the spam folder.

• Hey @learning_1pw! I've not seen issues with comcast.com emails in the past, so let's take a closer look. Could you send us a message at support+forum@agilebits.com and include your brother's email address? We'll take a look at the logs and see what might have happened. Post back here with the confirmation number you receive so we can get back to you faster :)

• learning_1pw
    learning_1pw
    Community Member

Hi Jacob,

The confirmation number is [#LBS-41854-893].

Tom

• Jacob
    edited May 2017

Thanks! I'll reply in just a moment and we can keep the conversation going there for now. :)

ref: LBS-41854-893

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    edited May 2017

@learning_1pw
    I personally I would encourage your brother to go to free email service (gmail, Outlook/Hotmail.. just not yahoo). If he gets rid of Comcast, he won't have that email address anymore. Just too many "oops" can happen.

For instance; he leaves Comcast for whatever reason, and no longer has that email account. He forgets his master password and calls you to recover.... and you can't because he no longer has that email account. He will lose all his passwords.

These mistakes happen a lot, and I've seen it.

Comcast's security IMO isn't great.

Just a thought.

• Thank you Prime I appreciate the suggestion. It's definitely a good point to make if you're using a cable provider's email service. To be honest, I didn't think about this in terms of recovery. Thanks again for the reminder :+1:

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

This discussion has been closed now that the issue learning_1pw was having with his brother receiving family invitation email has been resolved. :)

This discussion has been closed.