Setting a default vault to open on Windows

Hello folks, I am definitely having a love/hate relationship with 1password6. When I open the Windows app it always opens the 'All Vaults' view. I have found no way to make it open by default a specific vault and only show me items from that vault. I don't mean unlocking, but what I get to see in the items view. Am I missing something, or is this another thing that isn't implemented in 1password6? Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @wombat,

Thank you for reaching out!

Right now 1Password 6 for Windows is built around All Vaults and it is not possible to choose a default vault to open when you start the application. We are planning to add this functionality in future updates. Sorry I don't have other news for you. :blush:

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know, we are always ready to help. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• rgtz1
    rgtz1
    Community Member

Hi @Greg,

Just wanted to add my vote to have the "Always Open To" feature added to 1Password 6 for Windows.

In addition, it would be nice to also have the ability to exclude specific vaults from syncing on a per-client basis, similar to the MacOS version.

Hopefully these are at least on the feature roadmap?

Thanks!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@rgtz1: Thank you for weighing in! I see where you are coming from, those features are important. :) We are working on 1Password 6 improvements. :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• lasllcap
    lasllcap
    Community Member
    edited May 2017

Same here; I am having a tough time getting my wife on 1PW and this extra step besides all the websites that 1PW just ignores and requires the extra clicks on mini is getting close to a deal breaker.
    roger

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lasllcap,

I am sorry for the troubles! It sounds like you have a different issue (I might be wrong though). Could you please elaborate on it? How do you use 1Password mini at the moment? Maybe we will have some tips or workaround for you, so please let us know. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• lasllcap
    lasllcap
    Community Member
    edited May 2017

Holy cow , Greg , I hope that time stamp is local (me) and not you; thanks a lot extra.
    I have had a standalone Mac 1PW for several years and have just recently converted to Family and am now bringing my my wife's Win10 machine on line a bit at a time; its like rolling out new software. Bye the way, the default vault thing (first vault created) did not jump right out in the instructions.
    There are several other isues but I am working thru them one at a time; this application needs to be as transparent as possible to my wife for it all to work well.
    The mini issue is the problem right now ( I understand the default vault issue ,and hope that one day that may be resolved ) and I think that I have a handle on it at this time. Will be checking the Win tank manager tie in and see how that works out.
    I will get back to you after a bit more investigating. It is a good learning situation.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@lasllcap: Our team is spread around the world and it allows us to respond faster. ;) Please get back to us anytime with any questions you might have, we are always here for you. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.