1Password Standalone Data

ginyu
ginyu
Community Member

My brother gave me his 1Password standalone license as he was not using it. I entered the license key and it worked. Can he view my 1Password data (or get my database) as he was the one who purchased it?

1Password Version: 4.6.1.620
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ginyu
    ginyu
    Community Member
    edited May 2017

My brother gave me his Windows standalone license as he was not using it. I entered the license and it worked. Is it possible for him to track my data (i.e password database)?

1Password Version: 4
    Extension Version: 6.1.620
    OS Version: Windows 10

• Hi @ginyu,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. As this relates to 1Password for Windows, and not a 1Password Account, I've moved it over to our Windows discussion board.

1Password data is not tied to / associated with licensing. So to answer more directly: no, your brother cannot view your data simply because he purchased the license that you're using. The only way he'd be able to do that is if you shared your data file and Master Password with him.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask. Thanks!

Ben

• ginyu
    ginyu
    Community Member

That was fast. I'm glad to hear this as I don't have to worry anymore. Thank you once again for the superfast reply.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Any time. We're here if you have other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.