To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Changing password on one device

Options
ravensword
ravensword
Community Member

Hello. I've been using 1password on all my mac devices for years (using the mac software). Then i recently upgraded to the account based 1password so I can also use it on a Windows 10 machine. Given that the account based 1password is on the internet I have the master password set to be rather complex. However, I am still able to use my original and much simpler password on my macs/iphone/ipad. It is only on my windows machine that i have to enter the complex internet based password. So my question is, is it possible to change the password on the windows machine but leave the internet account based password as is?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Frank
    edited May 2017
    Options

Hi @ravensword - Thank you contacting us here and I'll be happy to help. It sounds like you still have your Primary vault associated with 1Password on your Mac, iPhone & iPad. When you signed up for the 1Password membership, did you create a new Master Password? If so, make sure you migrate your existing data over to your Personal vault.

After all your data has been migrated over, you can then delete your Primary vault from the apps. Your new Master Password will be the default going forward when unlocking the apps. Your Personal vault will replace your Primary vault. Keep me posted if this is accurate and if you need any assistance with the migration / deleting the Primary vault. I'll be more than happy to assist. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.