Problem with Vivaldi browser extension

Options

I have the browser extension installed on both my Safari and my Vivaldi browsers on the same iMac running Sierra 10.12.4
In Safari, the extension locks after 5 minutes of idle time which is consistent with the security preference setting. In Vivaldi, the extension locks but it doesn't seem consistent with the 5 minute idle time. Is there some setting/option I need to set in Vivaldi?

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: 4.6.5.90 in Vivaldi, 4.6.5 in Safari
OS Version: Sierra 10.12.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Problem with Vivaldi browser extension

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Paul_Calamai,

Thanks for writing in. When you click on the extension button in Safari or Vivaldi the popup that displays (called "1Password Mini") is actually part of the 1Password app on your Mac rather than part of the extension. So there should be no difference between the Auto-lock timing between Vivaldi and Safari as the timer for Auto-lock is within 1Password itself.

It sounds like you've already seen our documentation about Auto-lock given you've mentioned the settings already. If you change the "Lock after computer is idle for" timer down to 1 minute in 1Password > Preferences > Security and set a timer perhaps on your phone to time it, do you see the 1Password app Auto-locking after that period of idle time? Idle time is counted as no input from the keyboard or mouse for the period specified in Preferences.

Looking forward to hearing back.

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.