Standalone with Teams

Jaffe
Jaffe
Community Member

I have a personal 1password account but just started a new job where they use 1password for teams. I cannot get these two to work together, and the chrome extension forces the 1password for teams on all users. I would like to be able to switch between the two in the chrome extension.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:personal and company 1password accounts

Comments

• Hi @Jaffe - It's great to hear you were already using 1Password. Congrats on the new job :+1: It sounds like you might be using the "All Vaults" view which shows everything at once. You should be able to switch between accounts via the extension and the apps. Let me know if this guide helps or if you have any additional questions, I'll be happy to help out :smile:

• Jaffe
    Jaffe
    Community Member

That wasn't helpful. I see nowhere that I can switch between accounts etc.. I currently have 1password 4 running for my personal account and my company had me install 1passwrod6 for teams to my computer. But neither show me an option to change accounts. in 1password 6 I see where I can sign into an account - but I don't have any of the secret key information for my standalone account. The help forum I have had my private account for quite a number of years.. (always on Mac) but have since switched to Windows.

• Jaffe
    Jaffe
    Community Member

I hope that rambling made sense.

• Frank
    edited May 2017

Hi @Jaffe - Thanks for the additional information, very helpful. 1Password 6 for Windows is only compatible with our 1Password.com accounts and does not support local vaults syncing with Dropbox. If you're using both 1Password 4 for Windows (compatible with a standalone license) and 1Password 6 side by side, you can install the new extension in Chrome or Firefox which will work with your 1Password 6 data on your PC.

If you want to access your personal data within 1Password 4, you can use the Internet Explorer extension, just shut down 1Password 6 to restart 1Password 4's helper in order to run it using Internet Explorer. The other option is to add your local vault that you currently sync via Dropbox to 1Password 6 and use it with 1Password mini but you won't be able to edit / modify any of your data. I hope this helped. Sorry for the confusion earlier. :+1:

• Jaffe
    Jaffe
    Community Member

OK Frank - thank you for the info - I will keep on trucking.

Have a great day!

• Frank
    edited May 2017

You're welcome and thank you for reaching out to us over here. Best of luck with your new job :smile:. Enjoy the rest of your day!

This discussion has been closed.