Cannot add entries, comes back with an error

Options
naar
naar
Community Member

Dear support team,
I am experiencing issues when trying to add an entry. After adding the entry and clicking on OK it will return an error. The entry does appear though but blank as a blank New Login.

My 1p version is a registered version.
I have enough hard disk space, 17GB Ram, Intel i7 and OS is Windows 7 Pro 64bit.

I have restarted my laptop several times. exit and restarted 1password application, I have restarted the Restart 1password helper as well.

I am attaching screenshot.

Please advice.

Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @naar,

I am sorry for the troubles with 1Password! You did the right thing by contacting us.

Have you tried to send an error report to us? The logs from the 1Password 4 app will be really helpful. If you haven't, please press that button. :) If you have, please tell us the Support ID number you received in an automated reply from our BitBot assistant, so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly.

Thank you very much in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• naar
    naar
    Community Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Hello.
    Thank you for your reply.
    Whatever I do keep getting the same error. Mostly it won't even accept my password and coming with the same error. I have restored from different backup dates, I have saved the keychain file into different locations/partitions.

The begin of the log file is as below. It says out of memory. If it refers to my laptop's memory then I have more than enough memory allocated for everything. Also Hard Drive has around 500GB space left.

I would like to keep everything local without using Dropbox or online account.

Please advice.

thank you

EurekaLog 6.1.04

Application:

1.1 Start Date : Fri, 26 May 2017 19:13:22 +0100
    1.2 Name/Description: 1Password.exe - (1Password)
    1.3 Version Number : 4.6.1.620
    1.4 Parameters :
    1.5 Compilation Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 18:14:06 +0100
    1.6 Up Time : 53 seconds

Exception:

2.1 Date : Fri, 26 May 2017 19:14:16 +0100
    2.2 Address : 006BE561
    2.3 Module Name : 1Password.exe - (1Password)
    2.4 Module Version: 4.6.1.620
    2.5 Type : E1pJavaScript
    2.6 Message : out of memory.
    2.7 ID : C5BF
    2.8 Count : 1
    2.9 Status : New
    2.10 Note :

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@naar: Unfortunately with such little information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your PC, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Please send it to support+forums@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots', and post your Support ID here so we can confirm that we've received it. Also, knowing your timezone and the date/time of the incident will help us find it in the logs. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• naar
    naar
    Community Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Dear Brenty,
    I have just sent the email with attached error file.
    The same error is from a virtual pc but have the same error on non virtual with more than enough memory.

The support ID is [#ECS-23495-317]

Thank you.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

@naar: Found it! :+1: We will take a closer look and get back to you via email as soon as possible. Thank you!

ref: ECS-23495-317

• naar
    naar
    Community Member
    Options

Ok great, thank you.

Just to add that I have been trying different version of 1password Windows software and all have the same issue.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@naar: Thank you for keeping us posted! It is a weird issue and we will continue working with you until we discover the cause.

++
    Greg

• naar
    naar
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg,
    Thank you for your email. Yes this is weird as I have tried with several different installation, have not any applications that can conflict, the backup was restored, have enough ram or hard disk space and running a registered version of the software. I have tried with older version of the software and updated version of the software.

I have just email you the full diagnostics.

Looking forward to the fix.

Thank you.

Regards,

• MikeT
    edited May 2017
    Options

Hi @naar,

I found your email and we'll reply as soon as possible. The issue is not the software but your data, it's not that your computer is out of memory but 1Password ran out of memory trying to process a specific type of data with its internal parser. That's why switching between versions of 1Password is not going to help at all.

ref: ECS-23495-317

• naar
    naar
    Community Member
    Options

Dear Mike,
    Thank you for your email.
    Sorry for late response.

I have followed your instruction and confirm that the problem is resolved.

Fantastic support.

Thank you.

Regards,

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for your kind words. On behalf of Mike you are very welcome @naar! Please feel free to reach out to us anytime, we are always ready to help. Have a great week!

Cheers,
    Greg

• naar
    naar
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Greg.
    Have a great week too.

regards,

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni