Edit in 1password option from browser plugin

Options

Hello folks, another question if I may ... the browser plugin has an option to edit a login in 1password. When I do this it brings up 1password6 but it doesn't take me to the item to edit. Instead I then have to find it myself. Is this broken? I used to do this in 1password4 and am pretty sure it took me straight into the item I wanted to edit. Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.5.401
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 + Creators Update
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wombat,

Sorry about that! This is a known issue and we are planning to fix it in one of the future updates. Stay tuned! ;)

Please feel free to reach out to us anytime, if you notice anything else. Your feedback is really appreciated. :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• wombat
    wombat
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg, I've since noticed it half works. If the desktop app is unlocked but minimised then it seems not to work at all. If the desktop app is open and the item is visible then it will highlight the item in the list and also open it. If the login to be viewed or edited is off the bottom of the list then it doesn't scroll, although it does still load the view or edit pane on the right hand side.

Although I haven't signed up to be a beta tester, I really feel like I am one, and have paid money for the privilege also. All of the problems and limitations that 1password6 has are quite disappointing. I do hope the security side of things is 100% watertight still.

Thanks.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @wombat,

We are building 1Password 6 for Windows from the ground up using the new technologies, so it has some rough spots here and there. However, it is being constantly improved, so I am really sorry for this inconvenience and the experience you are having with it.

As for the security part, it is our top priority, so please let us know if you have any concerns about it. We will be happy to provide more details. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• wombat
    wombat
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @greg, I have no reason to be concerned about 1password6's security. If I had any concerns I wouldn't be using it. I do think however that the steady stream of problems and limitations of 1password6 is in danger of eroding the reputation built up by 1password4, and that would be a real shame. I didn't intend signing up for a year's subscription to 6. It's probably my own fault but I thought I was signing up for a month, because that's how the pricing is shown. I didn't notice until too late that I'd signed up for a year. So, I am stubbornly using it and trying to like it, but it's a bit of an uphill struggle.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017
    Options

@wombat: Regarding reputation, that's an excellent point. The new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app is coming along nicely and has a lot of the features we want, but there are still things it is missing and some rough edges. I'm sorry that it's not where we all want it to be yet, but we'll keep working hard to make it better with each update. If you'll shoot us an email at support@1password.com from the email address you're using for your 1Password.com account and post the Support ID you receive here, I'll see if there's something I can do to help in the mean time.

• wombat
    wombat
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @brenty, thank you. I sent an email but didn't receive anything that looked like a support id. I put a link to this thread in there so maybe that'll be enough for you to tie the two together.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wombat: Ah, I really expected to be able to find it by searching for "wombat", but I got it. I'll get back to via email you shortly. ;)

ref: MTV-54743-962

This discussion has been closed.