1Password 6 needs manual refresh option

Options
Troneas
Troneas
Community Member
edited May 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

As title says, my 1Password 6 for Windows 10 CU won't update unless I edit an existing entry or create a new one.

So if i create an entry via my 1Password for Android, it wont show up in my windows app unless I do the above; or completely sign out and in of my account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Troneas: This isn't something I've seen before. Can you tell me which versions you're using? I wonder if you simply have something outdated with some bugs. Also, the server pushes changes, but something may be preventing them from being received on the PC for some reason. If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart Windows, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Also, please grab the Event Viewer logs:

1. Click on the start button to search for Event Viewer, open it.
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Applications and Services Logs, 1Password should show up below here
    3. Right click on 1Password to select Save all events as and save it as 'logs.txt', set Save as Type to Text (tab delimited) (*.txt)

Please send it to support+forums@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots', and post your Support ID here so we can confirm that we've received it. Also, knowing your timezone and the date/time of the incident will help us find it in the logs. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Troneas
    Troneas
    Community Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Thank you for the prompt reply I was getting ready to do the above but alas it worked flawlessly this time around...

Not sure why it wasn't pushing new entries earlier, without forcing it to.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Troneas: Ah, thanks for letting me know. Gad to hear it's working for you, but be sure to send the diagnostics if you run into further issues so we can investigate. In the past 1Password was less aggressive about retrying when the internet connection is not stable, and while we've made improvements there perhaps there's room for more. :)

• @Troneas i suspect there was some network issue when 1password.com tried to notify app about changes. As you correctly guessed you can restart app to fix that, you can also lock/unlock app to fix that. After the unlock app waits 7 seconds and reauthorize access to your 1password.com accounts, at that point it will also reestablish notification connections. We are looking toward improving automatic notification reconnection in the future. Hope that helps :)

This discussion has been closed.