I was charged $65 but the app and web version both say my account is in trial mode?!

I tried to pay for the app on my Mac, and it charged me over $65 through the App store, but my account does not show anything but trial mode (even in the billing section of my account in the 1Password web portal). It suggests I use the subscription model, which is fine by me, but if that's the case, take my $36 and refund the large payment, please. What the heck?!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I was charged $65+ but the app and web version both say my account is in trial mode?!

Comments

• BrianBrian

Team Member

Hey there, @dr_hardware !

Thanks for reaching out! I hope you are having a good day! :)

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues with your purchase. Let's get this sorted out, shall we?

It sounds like you are using a 1Password account, as you mentioned that you could log into the web version of 1Password. This means that the standalone version of 1Password is not required, as your 1Password account comes with access to all of the 1Password apps.

The reason why the 1Password app is in trial mode even though you purchased a standalone license is that you are currently signed into a 1Password account that is in trial mode. Please note that 1Password accounts and licenses are two separate products, each with their own respective pricing models. A full explanation of the differences between the two services can be found on our knowledgebase: https://support.1password.com/why-account/

You mentioned that you would be okay with using a 1Password account, which is great, as it is the recommended way to use 1Password. Therefore, I would recommend contacting Apple to refund the purchase that you made for the standalone license, as it is not required due to you using a 1Password account.

Once this is done, please head over to the "Billing" panel of your 1Password account (can be found after signing into your account on 1Password.com) and set up your subscription. Upon activation of your subscription, you should all be good to go. Please note that your account will stay in trial mode until your 1Password account's trial ends, however, the message on the app should disappear once your trial ends.

Please feel free to give me a nudge if you have any further questions or concerns about getting your purchase sorted out. I'm always happy to help!

Have a great rest of your day, @dr_hardware !

• rmay1216rmay1216

The same thing is happening to me! I do not want to use a "1Password account" I want to use the stand alone. What needs to be done to correct this please

• FrankFrank

Team Member

Hi rmay1216 - Thank you for reaching out to us. I couldn't locate a 1Password.com account for you using the registered forum email address. To better assist you, I just sent you over a email so we can work on this together. When you get a chance reply back to me over there and I'll be happy to help out :smile:

ref: EGZ-65476-916

This discussion has been closed.