The .NET Framework 4.6.1 is not supported on this operating system.

Recently I have been trying to install 1Password 6 on my machine, but I have been having some error because of .NET Framework: naturally, 1Password required the .NET Framework, but when I downloaded it, it gave me a "The .NET Framework 4.6.1 is not supported on this operating system." error. My computer is a HP Ultrabook running Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bits). Its also relevant to note that 1Password DIDN'T redirected me to download .NET Framework.

After having this trouble, I tried it on an old machine I had and it worked as apparently is intended: 1PI doassword 6 asked for .NET Framework, but then gave me the link to download it, then I downloaded it and everything went fine. This is odd since my old machine also runs Windows 7 (home basic version), and both the machine and the windows are a lot older than the machine where the error ocurred.

I tried 1Password 4, and it installed and worked correctly on my machine. But it is mostly useless for me because I need to be able to access my work account on it, which is a feature not available on the 4 version.

Can someone help me to get this thing working? I strongly believe that the problem is not me (or at least not exclusively me), since I got it working on my other machine with ease.

Here is a printscreen of both errors: https://ibb.co/kKGE2a

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:The .NET Framework 4.6.1 is not supported on this operating system.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.