1Password 6.7 for IOS fail to sync with Dropbox [update to version 6.7.1]

Options
tsanchai
tsanchai
Community Member
edited May 2017 in iOS

Have just updated to 1Password 6.7 on my iPhone 7 and iPad Air a moment ago. My 1Password is set to sync with Dropbox. It work fine until after updated to 6.7 today.

1Password won't sync with Dropbox when I tap sync now in 1Password settings menu, bith on iPad and IPhone running IOS 10.3.2. Aft tapping, it still show latest sync as yesterday.

I have tried close and restart 1Password, then tap sync now, the sync hourglass swirl momentarily, then stop and still sho latest sync as yesterday instead of a few seconds ago as it should be.

I have also tried add new login item to 1Password and attempt sync now, but 1Password refuse to sync, as the new item do not show up in another device.

So 1Password 6.7 fail. Any expert here can advise what go wrong. How to fix this. Please advise, and thank in advance

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• tsanchai
    tsanchai
    Community Member
    Options

I use a standalone version of 1Password, an I do jot have 1Password account,
    . Do I have to create 1Password for sync with dropbox yo work?

• Vanitas
    Vanitas
    Community Member
    Options

After I updated to Version 6.7, I have a same problem as well as the language issue posted below.

• tsanchai
    tsanchai
    Community Member
    Options

So this is really a bug. When this bug be fixed. Get back to us please Agilebits

• spuch
    spuch
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm the synchronization problem with Dropbox. After the Update tomorrow morning to Version 6.7 it doesn't work anymore. The ironies in the announcement: "...When Dropbox turns out the lights on its old API next moth 1Password will roll on as if nothing has changed" . It seems that the new of 1Password turned the light out itself... ;)

• tsanchai
    tsanchai
    Community Member
    Options

Need immediate fix. Please fix and release a new version that work

Community Member
    Options

Confirmed. Since update no sync.

All connected devices got this update. No mix of old and new versions of 1PW try to connect to the same vault.

Pls hurry up to solv this problem.

• warpspeed
    warpspeed
    Community Member
    Options

Doing the same here, Dropbox sync no worky. Latest versions of all apps installed, iOS 10.3.2.

• Lucar
    Lucar
    Community Member
    Options

same here: no sync since update

• dhoroho
    dhoroho
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same Dropbox sync problem. I have a Windows 10 PC where I made some adjustments / additions to my 1Password logins. These items do not appear on my iPhone or iPad. All programs and apps are the latest. I tried rebooting all my devices but nothing works. Sounds like a problem with the IOS version of 1Password.

• AleksCee
    AleksCee
    Community Member
    Options

I am also affected

• macke
    macke
    Community Member
    Options

Same here. Todays update broke the Dropbox sync feature. This must be fixed asap...

• paulkk
    paulkk
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem for me

iPhone 7 plus

Latest iOS
    Latest Dropbox app
    Latest 1Password app

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi everyone,

Thank you for writing in to report the problems you've had syncing with Dropbox in the latest update. Indeed, shortly after the update for version 6.7 was released on the App Store, this bug was discovered. I apologize for the inconvenience! The good news is that our developers have already squashed this bug, and the fix should be in another update as soon as possible. The other good news is that even though the update isn't available just yet, you can solve the problem now by disabling & reenabling sync with Dropbox:

• On your iOS device, open 1Password and go to Settings > Sync > [vault name] > Sync Service.
    • Tap Disable Sync and confirm you want to disable it.
    • In the sync settings, choose Start Syncing > Sync with Dropbox, then tap on your Dropbox account name.
    • Choose the sync file for your vault (enter your master password if prompted).

Again, I'm very sorry for the trouble! These steps should get you back on track, but let us know if you have any trouble with that. Cheers! :)

• AleksCee
    AleksCee
    Community Member
    Options

By deactivating sync all locale changes are lost. So I have made changes on 2 devices before I realize that the sync was paused. So if I disable it, I will lose changes. Have you any idea when the fix will be rollout?
    Thanks, alex

• fritch53
    fritch53
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! Was experiencing the same problem today. Finally figured out it must be related to the iOS 1Password update, since nothing else changed. (So glad I didn't do a data reset!) Drew_AG's fix completely solved the problem. You guys are so awesome. I know I can always count on AgileBits for a quick response to any 1Password issue. Thank you, you rock!!

• AleksCee
    AleksCee
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I have try it. The warning about the locale changes seams to be wrong. I backup the different items and reconnect. No data was lost. :-)

• Rabbit32
    Rabbit32
    Community Member
    Options

Boy, this was a major QA failure! I'd like to hear how/why this happened and what steps will be taken to prevent it in the future.

I have 1P 4.6.1.620 on my Windows 7 PC, and just "upgraded" to 6.7 on my iPhone and iPad. I thought I would try the steps listed above to fix the syncing on my 2 iOS devices. In both cases, I got a "Vault Discrepancy" message. In the case of my iPhone, which had synced yesterday, the number of items reported in the local vault matched the # in the Dropbox vault. After reviewing the Modified dates of all 218 items in my Windows app, I felt comfortable that the iPhone was already current with my latest changes. So I told it to go ahead and "merge these vaults anyway".

The iPad is different, though, as its local vault has 7 items more than the Dropbox vault. The app shows a link to "merge these vaults anyway", but I don't want to merge the stale (or incomplete) data on my iPad (last updated 5 days ago) with my good vault. So how do I get syncing fixed on my iPad?

I really don't need this kind of stress, worrying that I'll lose something (like my recently changed ProtonMail password, for example).

• MrRooni
    Options

Good afternoon everyone! 1Password 6.7.1 is now live in the App Store with a fix for this problem. My apologies for the trouble here.

Community Member
    Options

Sounds to be solved. In any case to me. Thx.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @2451!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.