Web interface: how do I delete an entry

fatso83
fatso83
Community Member

I have been using the mac and windows desktop versions for years, but now I am solely using linux at work and so I am stuck with the web interface, which is bearable. One thing I haven't been able to figure out is how I can delete entries! I am able to edit them and add them, but there is no "Put in trash option" and drag and drop doesn't do diddly squat.

So how does this work? I am using Chrome, btw.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @fatso83 - Good question! If you select the item you want to delete, click the "edit" button on the lower right hand side. Once you're in edit mode, you should see the "move to trash" button appear on the lower left side. Then just click "move to trash" to delete the item from your vault. I hope this helped and let us know if you have any additional questions. :+1:

• fatso83
    fatso83
    Community Member

Thanks!

P.S. That feature was well hidden. It might make sense to also implement dragn'drop events in the web ui. I already get a handle indicator in Chrome when trying to drag any item - it's just that nothing happens. It would also make the ui more consistent with the experience we know from your desktop uis.

• Thanks for the follow-up message @fato83. Good suggestion, I frequently find myself trying to drag an item to the trash anytime I’m on the web UI myself. We’ll take your feedback under advisement as we continue to streamline our online interface. :)

• kattnip333
    kattnip333
    Community Member

There are some entries in the Trash bin that I want to keep there in case I find it necessary to go back to. I do want to delete several from the trash bin but are unable to delete just a few, it wants to delete ALL of them. Is there some way of only deleting certain items in the trash? You can delete certain files in the Mac OS trash bin and it would be nice to be able to clean up my trash without deleting the entire trash bin. Any suggestions?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kattnip333: It isn't possible to selectively remove items from the Trash in the web interface (or in the apps), but there's no harm in leaving items there. They don't count toward your file storage. It's something we might be able to add in the future, but I'd suggest it would always be safer to create an "Archive" vault for this purpose, rather than using the Trash. Just an idea. :)

This discussion has been closed.