To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Choose default sign in account when I have many 1Password accounts linked

Options
GregL
GregL
Community Member

I have many 1Password accounts. (work, personal, etc)
I had the work account first, which is at the top of the preferences > accounts

I have subsequently added a personal account that I pay for, I would like that account to the default one, in the sense that when I open 1Password, I type in the password of my personal account to access the software. Right now, even though I have multiple accounts linked, I can only use the password of the first account that shows up in the list of linked 1Password accounts.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX Latest
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:multiple

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi @GregL - Thank you for contacting us. Good question! You have the option to choose a default account for when you open 1Password on your Mac. You can also choose a default account for saving new items to 1Password via the 1Password extension. Screenshots below. If you're referring to the Master Password when unlocking the app, it will be the first account that was added originally.

You can remove the accounts and re-add them so your Individual account is first in the list and that will be your default Master Password to unlock the app going forward. The other option is changing your Master Password for the Individual account to match your other account.

Sorry for the work-around at the moment. Let me know if this helped or if you have any additional questions. We'll be happy to assist.

• GregL
    GregL
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply. No worries, I will keep an eye on the new releases to see when / if setting a default sign in account becomes available.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @GregL - Anytime, you're very welcome. I don't have a timeline of when a feature like this will be added to 1Password. You can keep an eye on those release notes here :+1: Enjoy the rest of your day.

This discussion has been closed.