Main app launches on every reboot

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password6 mac starts on every restart.

Comments

• HOrdover
    HOrdover
    Community Member

I've been having the same problem. It started when all the craziness began earlier this year (March 2017) where the mini and the 1Pass stopped playing nice together and 6 or so re-installations ensued. I've been living with 1pass (full) opening on reboot EVERY TIME, waiting for me to input the master password. It's really slowing down the boot. It is not listed as a "login item". In preferences it's not set to fire up on startup. Losing my mind. (and a lot of time). Options?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @HOrdover,

Sorry to hear you've had such trouble with 1Password this year, and that the main app launches when you reboot your Mac! I hope you don't mind, but I've split your post into a separate thread so we can focus on this specific issue.

It sounds like you've already checked this, but just to be sure: If you go to System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items on your Mac, do you see 1Password in that list at all?

Also, if you right-click the 1Password icon in the Dock and choose Options, can you confirm that "Open at Login" is un-checked?

If 1Password isn't listed in your Mac's login items and isn't set to open at login, please try this:

1. Open the main 1Password app, then hold the control key and go to 1Password > "Quit 1Password and 1Password mini" in the menu bar.
    2. Go to the Applications folder on your Mac and drag the 1Password app file to the Trash (do not use any app cleaning tools, as they might also delete your data).
    3. Empty the Trash. (Important!)
    4. Reboot your Mac. (Important!)
    5. Once it restarts, download a fresh copy of 1Password: If you were using the Mac App Store version, launch the Mac App Store and reinstall it from the Purchased tab. If you were using the AgileBits Store version, get a new copy from our download site and install it.
    6. Once it is reinstalled, go to the Applications folder and double-click the 1Password app file.

Does that make any difference? Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.