Vault Discrepancy - Need Help

mirsky
mirsky
Community Member

Hi.

I use 1Password for Mac and for iPhone. For Mac, I am using the non-subscription version of 1Password. Its version number is 6.7.1.

I use the free version on my iPhone. It's also version 6.7.1.

I only have one vault and I save it in my Dropbox folder.

However, I'm having some problems:

This weekend, my iPhone started malfunctioning so Apple gave me a new phone. But when I tried to enable 1Password's syncing on my iPhone, I got the following message:

"Vault Discrepancy
It appears that the Primary vault is different from the vault you selected in Dropbox. Please review these differences before deciding to merge these vaults."

At the bottom of the message was a link that said "More Information"

When I clicked the link, 1Password showed me the stats of the two vaults: Your Vault and Dropbox Vault.

Your Vault has 942 items which are 100% similar and it was lasted updated on April 23, 2017

Dropbox Vault has 948 items and was last updated on May 29, 2017

At the bottom there was a link to "Merge These Vaults Anyway"

I am completely confused because I thought I only had one vault, saved to Dropbox. If I have two vaults, then I want to get rid of the one that's different from the one in Dropbox.

I didn't click "Merge These Vaults Anyway" because I was worried it could somehow screw up the logins saved to Dropbox (it's one of my most important files on my Mac), though I do back it up.

So I'd appreciate some advice on what's going on and what I should do. Can I get rid of the Your Vault vault and just use the Dropbox Vault? Is there a way to do that other than merging?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mirsky,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help! It sounds like you restored your replacement iPhone from a backup which included a slightly older copy of your 1Password vault. If you're worried about merging it with the newer data in Dropbox, you can reset the 1Password app on your iPhone and set it up again by syncing your latest data.

To do that, open the 1Password app on your iPhone and go to Settings > Advanced > Erase All 1Password Data (confirm by tapping Erase All 1Password Data). When you open 1Password again, it will show you the initial screen as if you haven't used it before. Choose the option to sync with Dropbox (you may need to scroll down to see it) and follow the on-screen steps.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions about that. Cheers! :)

• mirsky
    mirsky
    Community Member

Drew, that worked! Thanks for the help.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! Hopefully you're all set, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know - we're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.