To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Purchased stand alone - account frozen

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: License vs Membership.

Comments

• Afreeland
    Afreeland
    Community Member
    Options

I purchased stand alone via the apple store £59.99 but now it's asking me to buy a subscription 30 days later and has Frozen my account. I'm running on laptop mac and iphone. The links in support such as https://support.1password.com/why-account/ Don't cover my problem. Grateful for any help. Thanks.

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @Afreeland! I'm sorry for the confusion. If you created a 1Password account outside the standalone purchase, it needs a subscription to stay active. A subscription account includes all the 1Password apps so you can get your passwords from your computer, phone, tablet, and more. Your App Store purchase would have only included the 1Password app, not a subscription. Learn more about the benefits of a membership.

The best way to use 1Password is with a membership. You’ll always have the latest version of the the app and your devices will sync automatically — no more thinking about Dropbox or iCloud when setting up a new device. Since you already purchased 1Password, we'd be happy to help you get set up with a subscription. Alternatively, you can keep using 1Password without the account. You don’t have to subscribe if you like what you’re already using. Hope this helps clear things up! Let us know if you have some questions.

This discussion has been closed.