Why isn't app populating zip code (postal code) for billing address of credit card?

Options

I'm updating a credit card to online accounts and 1password is not populating the zip code (postal code) field for the billing address. This is happening across multiple sites. It's very aggravating.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: 4.6.6
OS Version: Mac 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:postal code

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@yetanotheraccount: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately without some basic information it's impossible for us to test this to try to improve 1Password. This is very site-specific, so we'd really need to know the URLs where you're having this issue. Also, which browser version are you using? The more information you can give, the better. Thanks in advance! :)

• yetanotheraccount
    yetanotheraccount
    Community Member
    Options

Browser Firefox 45.9.0 ESR

I was updating a lost credit card and zip code wasn't populated for any of the sites I visited. This is the zip code field as stored with the credit card information, not as a separate address identity. Did not work with Paypal, Skype, Dreamhost, Hostgator and more.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@yetanotheraccount: I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing then. Credit Card items do not include a ZIP code field. If you've added one manually, this will not work, as 1Password cannot fill any custom fields. It has no way of knowing what to do with them. I think that may be what you're seeing.

If you want to fill address information, this is done using Identity items. I did test Identity filling with 1Password and Firefox ESR 52 on the PayPal site, and was able to fill my address information here to add a new one:

https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/settings/address/add

If I've misunderstood and that's where you're having trouble, be sure to update your browser, as Firefox 45 is not supported, neither by AgileBits nor Mozilla. And unless there's a specific reason to use the ESR channel, getting on the stable channel (v53 currently) is an even better option. Then let me know the specifics if you're still having trouble with filling and we'll continue to investigate. Cheers! :)

• yetanotheraccount
    yetanotheraccount
    Community Member
    Options

When you set up a credit card in 1password, you can add a field for address, which is where I added the zip code for this card. While trying to find the solution, it doesn't appear that I'm the only one that assumed that this would populate out into zip code field of a website when it is asking for your zip code as proof of the credit card's validity.

As it is common for websites to ask for a zip code to identify the validity of a credit card in the same way as they ask for a CVV and expiration date, I request that this functioning field be added to the credit card item. Having to pull up two different 1password items just to update a credit card on a website doesn't save any time or effort.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @yetanotheraccount,

When you set up a credit card in 1password, you can add a field for address...

Just to be clear, do you mean you're clicking on the button with 3 dots to the right of "new field" and choosing "Address" from the list of field types? If so, that's what Brenty was referring to when he explained that 1Password can't fill custom fields.

I can't make any promises about if/when we might add the ability for a Credit Card item to fill a zip code, but perhaps it's something we can consider for future versions. Thanks for letting us know you'd be interested in that! If you need anything else, we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.