When will the ability to create vaults for other platforms other than the Web App arrive?

wkleem
wkleem
Community Member

I have noticed in the release notes that 1Password 6.8 for Mac can now create 1Password.com vaults without entering the Web App?

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM4

"6.8.BETA-3 (build #680003) – released 2017-05-11 – download
Welcome, beta testers, to a special Thursday edition! The theme today is fixing crashes. But we also bring another new feature for 1Password.com Account members. We hope that our push to fix and improve in 1Password 6.7 and now 1Password 6.8 are resulting in a happier time using 1Password. As always, if you encounter any trouble let us know so we can look into it for you.

We love hearing from you! Get in touch with us on our discussions forum to let us know if you have any feedback!

NEW
New vaults in 1Password.com Accounts can now be created without having to visit the website. {OPM-4362}
FIXED
Fixed a bug that could cause the QR Code scanner to fail. {OPM-5031}
Fixed a crash after migrating from old style sync using iCloud Drive to current sync using CloudKit. {OPM-5016}
Fixed a rare crash when displaying the main window. {OPM-5015}
Fixed a rare crash during the unlock animation. {OPM-5022}"

When will it be possible to do so for Windows, iOS?

Thanks.

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

I've posted a new question which now needs moderator's approval? Strange as I wouldn't have thought I would need approval?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I've posted a new question which now needs moderator's approval? Strange as I wouldn't have thought I would need approval?

@wkleem: Probably because you're posting too many times in a short period of time. That tends to trigger the spam filter. And I doubt that creating additional threads helps. :(

I have noticed in the release notes that 1Password 6.8 for Mac can now create 1Password.com vaults without entering the Web App?

Yep! It's still a beta feature, so there's going to be kinks we need to iron out, but we're really excited about this. :)

When will it be possible to do so for Windows, iOS?

We'd like to bring this to all platforms if we can (perhaps along with other "admin" features that are currently handled in the web interface), but I can't say for certain if or when that may happen. It's too early to promise that this will be given the go-ahead for a stable release in 1Password for Mac too, but that's our goal. ;)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Thanks for the explanation . It was a different message to what I was accustomed to: "You have posted x number of tries in xxx seconds. Please try again in 300 seconds."

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wkleem,

Your forum account had never been verified:

That's the most likely explanation for why something triggered your comment to be flagged for needing approval. I've verified your account:

So now your future comments won't be bothered by whatever happened to the other one. Cheers! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited June 2017

Thanks @sjk!

There is no indication for my account being verified or unverified from the accounts page. What I see is username, joined date, # visits, last active, role: member.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

There isn't meant to be. Like most forums, you received a verification email when you created the account, and it sounds like you didn't follow through with this. As you can imagine, spammers are unlikely to take the time to do this (as it adds up to a lot, the more accounts they create), so it's another way of signaling whether or not there's an actual person on the other end. Sorry for the confusion that's caused.

This discussion has been closed.