Shadow DOM / Polymer forms do not fill. (companion extension v4.7.4 now supports shadow DOMs)

2»

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for confirming, and for the kind words. Looking forward to getting all of these improvements out to everyone. :)

• mrTea
    mrTea
    Community Member

When this feature will be added to the stable extension release?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mrTea! Welcome to the forum!

Based on the feedback we receive, and as soon as we make sure that everything in the beta works, the changes will be applied to the stable version too.

If you don't want to wait, you can of course update to the beta right away though :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

@ernsheong & @mrTea,

We released a new stable version of the companion extension on Monday so that it was ready and available for 1Password 7.3 for Mac. The new version, 4.7.4 includes support for shadow DOMs and should hopefully work on any site using them. If you find a site where it doesn't please do let us know.

• mrTea
    mrTea
    Community Member

Works great, thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for confirming! Glad that helped. :chuffed:

• elahd
    elahd
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables Are there any plans to support shadow DOMs in 1Password X (the non-companion extension)?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @elahd ,
    Sorry for the delayed response here. We had some internals discussions in the past about supporting shadow DOMs in 1Password X but we haven't made any final decision on the matter, so we don't have a concrete answer. For now, it is not and will not be supported until further notice.

• elahd
    elahd
    Community Member

Thanks @Yaron for clarifying. For what it's worth, my use case is the Home Assistant login screen, but I've run into issues with shadow DOM and 1Password on other sites.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the link @elahd ,
    I didn't find the login form though. Is there a direct link to it? Only login I found was via github, for developers.

• elahd
    elahd
    Community Member
    edited April 2020

Home Assistant is a home automation platform -- basically an open source SmartThings/Wink. It's intended to be installed and run locally, so you won't find the login form online. You can install it locally on docker using the instructions posted here. If that's too annoying, DM me on twitter @elahd. I'll send you the URL of my Home Assistant login page.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

I see, thanks for clarifying.
    I'm not much of a twitter guy though. Can you please email me that link to support+extension@1password.com with a link to this discussion?

Thank you kindly :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.