Options
jvinding
jvinding
Community Member

I open the app.
it shows my favorites.
I cannot tap on anything or scroll.
after a bit it crashes.

I think it's related to Wi-Fi syncing, as it works ok when 1Password on my mac is locked.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.3.2
Sync Type: wi-fi
Referrer: forum-search:Most recent update freezes and crashes

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jvinding

Sorry to hear about the trouble. If you are experiencing crashes with 1Password for iOS, first please be sure you are using the latest version:

1Password 6 for iOS - iTunes App Store

If you are, and are still experiencing crashes, please send us the crash logs directly. Here are the steps you'll need to follow:

1. Plug your phone into your computer and sync it with iTunes.
    2. Switch to the Finder, click on the Go menu and choose "Go to Folder..."
    3. Paste the following into the window that pops up: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/
    4. Select all the files that begin with 1Password and drag them to Mail in the Dock to create a new mail message.
    5. Send the email to support+forum@agilebits.com

With your email please include a link to this thread:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/79167/
    as well as your forum handle.

When you send the message you will get an automated reply from BitBot containing a Support ID. Please post the Support ID here so we can 'connect the dots.'

Ben

• jvinding
    jvinding
    Community Member
    Options

For some reason none of the crash logs in that directory are recent. I did send a couple of crash reports from my iPad to Hockey (or what ever in-app crash reporter you use), but the logs weren't on my mac in the Finder, and there were no logs on the device itself according Xcode's Device Organizer

• ssh
    ssh
    Community Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

I have this same issue, and don't believe it's a crash. The "network progress wheel" shows active on my iPhone and iPad (same issue on both), but I don't use WiFi Syncing. Also, I just recently moved to a 1password.com account in addition to my original Dropbox syncing.

Any parallels, jvinding?

• ssh
    ssh
    Community Member
    Options

Note: just tested it in airplane mode and got the same results: opens, but no interaction with the UI is possible.

• jvinding
    jvinding
    Community Member
    Options

@ssh I do not have a 1password.com account. I just went to check the network activity indicator, but the issue is not occurring at this exact moment. The app is working fine for now. I'll be sure to check that the next time it happens.

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

When you reach the state where no interaction with the UI is possible is the device plugged into power (or are any other accessories connected via the Lightning port)?

If so does disconnecting from the Lightning port resolve the issue?

Please let me know.

Ben

• jvinding
    jvinding
    Community Member
    Options

It's become harder for me to reproduce. When i started this thread it was 100% reliable. I'm not sure what has changed.

I started the app on my iPhone while unplugged and it froze for about 3 seconds, then started to work perfectly. Subsequent launch behaved correctly, both while unplugged and plugged into my Mac

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jvinding: I hate to say it, but do you maybe just need a new iPhone? I do. This happens to me all the time with 1Password and pretty much every other app I use seemingly at random (though it does seem more prevalent during I/O operations). I've got an iPhone 6S that's been very "well loved", and that's translated into degraded performance in recent months, as the flash memory ain't what it used to be. So I guess the real question is, are you seeing this in other apps as well? That would explain why you might not see anything in logs, if it's a system hang. I don't recall having this problem with all of my iPhones, but I definitely did with my last as well (the iPhone 6). Just something from my own experience that this triggered in my mind. Let me know what you think.

• jvinding
    jvinding
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty No, it's a 3-month old iPhone 7. 1Password is the only app I'm having an issue with.

• jvinding
    jvinding
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty also, "buy a new phone" is very rarely an appropriate response to a customer.

• MrRooni
    Options

Hey there @jvinding. Can you send in a diagnostic report from your iPad? It will contain a direct link to any crash logs your submitted so I can go dig in and see what's happened. You can send in one from your iPhone as well if you've submitted crash logs from there. Thanks! Here's some instructions:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: url
    • Your forum username: username

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2017
    Options

@jvinding: Sorry. That's not the way I meant it. :(

• jvinding
    jvinding
    Community Member
    Options

@MrRooni I just sent a diagnostic report from my iPad: DMG-79588-764

• MrRooni
    Options

Got it @jvinding. I see the crash you're hitting. It's on our list to get fixed up. Thanks for sending this one in!

• jvinding
    jvinding
    Community Member
    Options

@MrRooni Groovy. thank you.

• MrRooni
    Options

@jvinding Cheers man. Given that you're able to reproduce this issue so reliably would you be interested in joining our beta test so you can confirm it when we put a fix in place?

• jvinding
    jvinding
    Community Member
    Options

@MrRooni I have not been able to reliably reproduce it today, but I'd be willing to use the beta and test it as much as possible.

• ssh
    ssh
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben, nothing plugged in.

Just now, it came up for just a moment, let me scroll, but then stopped responding, again, when I attempted to change tabs.

• Ben
    Options

@ssh,

Thanks for the update. If you're seeing the same crash as jvinding we've got that tracked down, and hopefully will have that fixed soon. I'd like to confirm it is indeed the same issue though. Could you please follow MrRooni's instructions for sending a report here?

Thanks!

Ben

• ssh
    ssh
    Community Member
    Options

One of the Ninjas had me delete and re-install the iOS apps, and the problem was resolved.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update, @ssh!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.