Feedback on 1Password Beta

Options
richardevs
richardevs
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Just a post about feedback, on everything that I'm currently being bothered.

1) When I empty the trash, it does not go away immediately until I restart the app.
2) The new Password Generator's icon is way too alike with setting icon below.
3) Desperately want to have 'Press del to move to trash' feature rather than right-clicking only.
4) The tray icon used to be opening the App only, but now it only opens mini when you click on it, click once for mini and click twice for App maybe?

Not that important stuff:
1) UI improvements, like, the search input is way too close with All Vaults checkbox, get a design team on 1Password 6 pls. And the Vault Selector somehow has different on hold effect, when the mouse is on it, the words turn black which is different from the main screen where the words stay white.

1Password Version: 6.6.423d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: 1Password Cloud

Comments

• Hey! Thanks for writing in with your feedback, we appreciate it.

1) When I empty the trash, it does not go away immediately until I restart the app.

That's a known bug that we're working on fixing.

2) The new Password Generator's icon is way too alike with setting icon below.

Noted.

3) Desperately want to have 'Press del to move to trash' feature rather than right-clicking only.

We're working on improving the workflows for the trash, please stay tuned.

4) The tray icon used to be opening the App only, but now it only opens mini when you click on it, click once for mini and click twice for App maybe?

For a good while now, the icon in the notification area of the task bar has been opening 1Password mini. To open the main app, you'll have to either right-click it and select the main app, or you can place a shortcut for 1Password 6 in the task bar.

Anyway, thanks for this feedback. It's already been suggested and we think it's a great idea.

UI improvements, like, the search input is way too close with All Vaults checkbox,

Can you please illustrate with a screenshot what you mean?

Thanks,

Alex

• Hey @richardevs,

I just wanted to give you quick heads-up about these two things you mentioned:

We've implemented 3 in the latest beta and 4 to the extent that if you Ctrl + click the 1Password icon in the notification area of the task bar now, it'll open the main app.

Please check out these two additions and let us know what you think.

Cheers,

Alex

• richardevs
    richardevs
    Community Member
    Options

UI improvements, like, the search input is way too close with All Vaults checkbox

It has been modified to Filter Vaults, looking good now.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @richardevs,

We're glad to hear that. We're already planning more UI refinements for 1Password 6.7 that we're starting to work on now.

This discussion has been closed.