macOS High Sierra issues

mirvmirv Junior Member

As usual I'm on the bleeding edge trying out the first developer build of macOS High Sierra 10.13 Beta (17A264c), with Safari 11.0 (13604.1.21.7) and Chrome 60.0.3112.10 (Official Build) dev (64-bit). 1Password auto-fill usually does not work on either of the two browsers. The extension comes up, asks for the password (or Touch ID on the MacBook Pro), allows choosing the correct password entry, but does not actually fill anything. Sometimes it crashes and brings up a sheet to email to the Agile developers. There is at least one crash report file in ~/Library/Logs but I don't seem to be able to attach it here. (Please advise on the best way to send it to you.) Trying to do the autofill again usually results in asking for the master password (or Touch ID) again, which again indicates probably that it had crashed. Also, once I did get the autofill in Chrome after repeated attempts so I guess it is trying to work.

1Password Version: 6.8.BETA-4(680004)
Extension Version: 4.6.7.b1
OS Version: macOS 10.13 (17A264c)
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_kevinag_kevin Junior Member

AgileBits Team Member

Hi @mirv ,

Please send that crash log to support+mac@agilebits.com and include a link to this discussion. We'll take a look and see what's up.

Thanks,
    Kevin

• doetraardoetraar Junior Member

Same here - using the extension in Safari will cause the Mini Agent to crash, causing 1Password to lock (rightfully so). Crashes in Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Vivaldi - but I did manage to send a crash report using your built in method for doing so yesterday -- sadly, not seeing any other crash logs on my local system in ~/Library/Logs or anywhere else. Ironically, Console.app also crashes on launch. Bleeding edge is fun.

• For what it's worth I just sent my two crash reports into support (#QEK-54938-328). Hopefully it helps you guys resolve it, if you need any more info please let me know.

• rudyrudy

AgileBits Team Member

Thanks @doetraar,

we have the reports.

Rudy

• Same here had to jump on downloading 10.13 Beta and 1password will not launch or unlock..

• rudyrudy

AgileBits Team Member

@barrygoodman,

Does it not get as far as generating a crash report that it can submit?

Could you check the DIagnosticsReports section in Console.app and see if it lists any crash reports for 1Password or 1Password mini?

Rudy

• Rudy - 1password and 1password mini will not even launch

• rudyrudy

AgileBits Team Member

Hi @barrygoodman,

Is there anything logged to Console.app when you try to launch it? Could you check under the Diagnostics Reports section in Console.app to see if it has captured any reports for 1Password or Mini?

Rudy

• mirvmirv Junior Member

The Console app in High Sierra is a little wonky right now. To find these crash reports you can do this:

1) Open Console
    2) Expand the User Reports
    3) Right click on the desired item and select Reveal in Finder.
    4) Then drag that into an email or upload as desired.

Or you can just navigate to ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports in Finder, using the Go menu and Go To Folder...

• brentybrenty

AgileBits Team Member

Thanks for the tip! I think it says a lot that system utilities are a bit off, but it is a prerelease OS after all (and an early one at that!) Looking forward to see how it shapes up in the months leading up to release. Cheers! :)

• OK--sending my reports in too...

• brentybrenty

AgileBits Team Member

@omarsultan: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we'll take a look at those reports. Cheers! :)

ref: SNJ-37671-437

• are you interested on more report?
    no complain beta is beta ... it's normal that's crashing :->

• thraxispthraxisp Junior Member

I filed a few reports via the internal submission window, as well as directly (SEW-31578-723). Let us know if you need more data.

AgileBits Team Member

Thanks everyone! We'll try to respond to all reports sent in. Some of them may be duplicates of others, and some might be OS issues, so we may not get to reply right away, but we appreciate them all!

If you find new issues, please feel free to send reports and steps to reproduce if they're apparent.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• sshssh Junior Member

Same experience. I'll hold off sending reports since you have a few to review.

AgileBits Team Member

Hi @ssh ,

If they're for the same crash, then please hold them. If they're for completely different issues, you can send them whenever you like. If the pile gets big, it's ok with us.

Thanks,
    Kevin

• How can I get access to the latest beta of 1Password for mac OS HS and iOS 11?

• brentybrenty

AgileBits Team Member

@iksg: We don't support the developer previews of OSes, and do not have a separate version specifically for these releases. But you can sign up for the beta for 1Password for iOS and 1Password for Mac to get the latest stuff. Cheers! :)

• HRDHRD

Hi @brenty,

So, to be clear. No Betas that support High Sierra previews will be released?

• rickfillionrickfillion Junior Member

AgileBits Team Member

@HRD : that's not quite it. Eventually we'll probably state that we think 1Password and High Sierra are fully compatible. Right now we're in the early seeds of High Sierra where things are still changing a lot, and in most cases the issues are likely to be on the OS side and not on the app side. It's difficult to declare a house is stable when you're building on top of quicksand. :)

We're thankful for any reports sent our way about things not working well in High Sierra, and we'll do our best to make things work. The 1Password for Mac betas are still primarily aimed towards 10.10-10.12 and they may include fixes to issues that are specific to 10.13 as the team fixes things. If you're looking for the best High Sierra experience with 1Password, you'll likely want to be using the beta builds as that's where the fixes will show up first.

Rick

• HRDHRD

hi @rickfillion,

You say, "It's difficult to declare a house is stable when you're building on top of quicksand." Hmm, High Sierra Beta 1 appears to be a fairly stable release compared to earlier OX S versions of the same build.

I always wait for the 2nd beta before installing any Apps, so I will let you know how I go when that happens.

• rickfillionrickfillion Junior Member

AgileBits Team Member

@HRD : I've heard mostly good things about beta 1 as well, but I've also heard of some things that have broken. We'll likely be sheltered from a bit of that due to the fact that the app isn't built with Xcode 9 yet.

Rick

• rudyrudy

AgileBits Team Member

@HRD, @iksg, @ssh, @thraxisp, @mirv, @barrygoodman,

High Sierra b2 is out, if you had an issue with the prior beta OS can you please report back if you're still seeing any of those issues or any new ones?

thanks!

Rudy

• HRDHRD

Hi @rudy,

Good grief, it was only released an hour ago! But I will install later today and report back any issues.

• mirvmirv Junior Member

Cool, I'll update and try it out asap.

By the way, I've found (on High Sierra b1) that 1P password autofill works without crashing when using cmd-\ and using the arrow keys and pressing return to select the entry. This crash occurs when using the mouse to pull down the 1P extension from the toolbar and clicking to select the entry.

• rudyrudy

AgileBits Team Member

@mirv,

Ah good, that's the one crash i've been able to reproduce. Just getting ready to step that one through the debugger and see where it goes sideways.

Rudy

• mirvmirv Junior Member

Just tried it on High Sierra b2. Same results, same crash. It sent you a few more automatic crash emails.

• HRDHRD

hi @rudy,

So far all is well with High Sierra b2 but I have a lot more testing to do, most of which is nothing to do with 1Password.

AgileBits Team Member

Thanks for the assistance, everyone! We'll be taking a look today, as well!

Cheers,
    Kevin