Trouble setting up app on Mac and syncing from iPhone

Options

Comments

• dschaub2
    dschaub2
    Community Member
    Options

I have been a longtime user of 1Password on my iPhone - originally downloaded from the AppStore. I would like to use the app on my Mac as well, so I downloaded from AgileBits per instructions above. Opening the desktop version, I cannot seem to find a way to access my data with the password that I've been using on the mobile version. I am being prompted to create an account - for which I need to purchase a subscription... I think. Is that correct? I am going around in circles on this, thinking that I should be able to simply log with my existing password for the app that I purchased on my phone.
    Thanks for your help!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dschaub2,

I'm sorry you're having trouble setting up 1Password on your Mac! Since this is unrelated to the thread where you posted your message, I've moved it to a new discussion.

A 1Password.com account is definitely the easiest way to use 1Password across multiple devices, because you don't need to worry about keeping track of different licenses for each platform, and you don't need to configure any sync settings (you would simply sign into your account in the 1Password app on a new device and all your data will automatically sync there). There are many other benefits which you can read about here: What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

If you don’t want to sign up for an account on 1Password.com, you'll need to choose a different option from the 'Welcome' screen. For example, if you sync your 1Password data via Dropbox, select “Sync using Dropbox” on the 'Welcome' screen. If you don't currently use any of the sync options in 1Password on your iPhone, that means your 1Password data exists only on your iPhone. You'll need to set up one of the sync options in order to sync that data to your Mac. You can find information about the sync options here: Sync your 1Password data

Does that help? Please let us know if you have questions about that or need more help to set things up. :)

• dschaub2
    dschaub2
    Community Member
    Options

Yes. That clarifies.
    I am all sync'd up now.
    Thanks for your help Drew.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome, I'm glad that was helpful! Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.