Re-installed; asked for Secret Key [Standalone]

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Non-subscription license.

Comments

• Doctor_T
    Doctor_T
    Community Member
    Options

I purchased a family license in 2015 (I think) and have 1Password installed on my Macbook and my iPad. and had it on my iPhone until a couple of days ago.. I recently mistakenly deleted it off my phone and when I went to reinstall the app it is asking for my secret key. I don't have a secret key, all i have is my license key which doesn't work.
    Is there a work around?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2017
    Options

Hi @Doctor_T,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

As this is a fair bit different than the other topic we were discussing I've split your question off into its own thread so that A. it gets the attention it deserves and B. we don't derail the other thread. :)

When you are looking at the welcome screen in 1Password on your iPhone you'll see a section at the bottom where you'll see the option to sign into an existing 1Password.com membership account. It sounds like that is the option you're selecting. The option you want is actually below that (off the screen; scroll). You'll want to select the same sync option you were previously using:

Sync your 1Password data

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.