1Password for Windows - Copy Password When Clicking on Password String

Options

I'd like to request that you add functionality to the Windows version of 1Password that is similar to 1Password for macOS.

On macOS, when you click on a password, it copies the password. On Windows, you need to click on the copy icon specifically. Nothing happens if you click on the password itself.

This is a minor convenience, but it improves the UX of the app.

Also, as a side note, I'd like to request that you add the same color formatting of passwords as the macOS app. The UI on the Mac app is still much nicer than the Windows app, and password color formatting is one of the missing elements.

1Password Version: 1Password 6.6.416d
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password Account
Referrer: forum-search:copy password on click

Comments

• Both are things we looking into, @Jables, thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate passionate customers :)

• jtourlamain
    jtourlamain
    Community Member
    Options

The windows 1password mini also lacks the CTRL+C shortcut to copy a password. So always need to use the mouse in order to copy a password towards another application than the browser. Seems the windows version is still far beyond the maxOS version (which is really top notch).
    So I fully agree with Jables: please make the windows functionallity similar to the macOS version.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jtourlamain, thank you for chipping in!

It is not completely fair to compare 1Password 6 for Windows with 1Password 6 for macOS, because it is is basically a new program. It will take some time for us to catch up to the 1Password 6 for macOS that has been around for more than 3-4 years.

We are working really hard to improve 1Password for Windows, so please stay tuned for the latest updates.

If there is anything else we can help you with, feel free to reach out to us anytime. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.