Dropbox sync for 1Password data

I am not sure I completely understand the Safari integration. An Apple iStore employee recommended 1Password Pro to me for helping me remember all my passwords. Ideally, I am going to store all the information on my iPad and sync it with my iPhone as well (or vice versa). The way he explained it to me was that the passwords were also available to me via a website and I assumed (I know I shouldn't assume), it was part of the application service. Maybe he was referring to the Safari integration but I still don't understand how that works. Are the passwords stored on the web for me to access via Safari? Or is the application only something that works on the iPad/iPhone?

Comments

• i just purchased the 1password pro. keyed in all details on my ipad. how can i sync the details on my ipad with my iphone?
  • Thanks. Does this mean I will have to purchase the mac version too?
  • I downloaded the trial version for Mac and then paid for the full version on my iPhone.
    Do I have to buy the full version on Mac to have them sync?
    if so, how do they recognize eachother?
    Thanks
  • since i have already keyed in my data into my ipad, do i now have to key the data into my mac so as to sync with my iOS devices?
  • dsjr2006
    dsjr2006
    Community Member
    csdass wrote:

since i have already keyed in my data into my ipad, do i now have to key the data into my mac so as to sync with my iOS devices?

Sorry if this comes off the wrong way but did you look at the directions at all? You can sync with Dropbox... sync your 1Password data with Dropbox
  • Thanks Brent. Managed to sync without having to re-enter all my data :-)
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    On behalf of Brent, you are quite welcome! :-)

If we can be further assistance, please let us know.

We are always here to help!
  • pwrmacbob
    pwrmacbob
    Community Member
    What is the difference between syncing with WiFi and Dropbox (on the Settings screen of the iPhone app)? I have an iMac, iPhone and a PC (ugh!). I use Dropbox, but have always been syncing with WiFi.
  • pwrmacbob
    pwrmacbob
    Community Member
    edited September 2011
    I have done all that in the past. I am currently using Dropbox and 1Password to sync between my iMac, iPhone and a PC. The only thing that I do differently than what you stated above, is I have WiFi checked for syncing instead of Dropbox syncing in the settings screen of 1Password on my iPhone (it seems to work with Dropbox just fine). I want to know what the difference is...as a Mac user...since I do not have 1Password on my PC. Is Dropbox syncing done on 3G and or WiFi? Automatically maybe?
  • pwrmacbob
    pwrmacbob
    Community Member
    OK. Thats what I was wondering. Dropbox syncing is way more convenient than Wifi. I imagine that there would not be any issues switching from one way to the other?
This discussion has been closed.