To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Master password doesn't work on Mac. On iOS, does.

Atsuo
Atsuo
Community Member

I have installed iOS version and it works. Since 1password has started subscription plan, I have purchased it .
however, my master password doesn't work on Mac or iOS.
I mean I can login my iPhone 6 with my master password, but it was not accepted when I added it on iOS.
What should I do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Sierra,
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Tully
    Tully
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2017

Hey there @Atsuo,

As I understand from your post you're having trouble logging in to a new device with your 1Password account credentials. If so, I'd check to see if you can log in to 1Password.com using these same details – our article If you can't sign in to your account on 1Password.com sets out a few things to try, such as making sure you're using the right Master Password in the right place. You might also have a record of your account's Master Password in your Emergency Kit, which you're prompted to save, print and store securely when you create an account, or (depending on when you signed up) in an automatically generated 1Password Account login in your Personal vault (if you're able to access your account from one of your existing devices).

I hope this helps – I see you've already been in touch with us via email, so I'll write you back shortly and we can pick up this conversation over there. We should have you up and running with 1Password across all your devices soon. Until then thanks for posting, and for using 1Password!

REF: ZXU-26459-762

• Atsuo
    Atsuo
    Community Member

Hi,Tully,

Thank you for your comment.
    Unfortunately, the problem still remains.
    Perhaps, my Master Password for my subscription is different from the one for iOS.

Plus, using 1PW to login a site, my email address is filled in, but not filled in my password.
    I have to copy and paste.

• Tully
    Tully
    1Password Alumni

Hi again @Atsuo,

Hmm, saving and filling sounds to be a separate issue. We've got some general information and troubleshooting tips on using the 1Password extension for Mac/PC and iOS which might help?

Given your enquiry, I've sent you an email now… let's continue the conversation there! Thanks.

• Atsuo
    Atsuo
    Community Member

Hi,Tully

I wil check my issues with your advice.

Thank you for your help!

• Hi Atsuo - On behalf of Tully, you're very welcome. I noticed you're working with Tully via email. Let's continue the conversation over there so we don't miss a response from you. Have a great day! :smile:

ref: ZXU-26459-762

• Atsuo
    Atsuo
    Community Member

Hi, Frank
    Thank you very much for your help.

I have used iOS version of 1PW before I purchased subscription.
    I have two issues:

1, My password for subscription doesn't work.
    2,Using 1PW on Mac with the password for iOS, a nortification says this is a read only version.

I don't hurry , but I would be happy if you could me some clues for the problems.

Thank you very much.

• Hi atsuo - We're happy to help out. Tully replied back to your email that sent over previously. So we don't cross any wires, reply back to the email so we can continue the conversation there. I'll mentioned the issues you brought up here and when you get a chance reply back to the email Tully sent over to you :smile: Have a great day!!!

ref: ZXU-26459-762

This discussion has been closed.